Sponsored

Anyone mod the rear view mirror to switch to camera?

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I ordered my JT with aux switches. I've thought about using one for a 360 camera. But I wonder how I can get the InfoTainment to display a video feed with the press of an Aux Switch.

I've driven a few electric cars and vans that had this feature... your rear view mirror could give you a really wide panoramic rear view while in any gear, not just reverse. Witch is helpful 100% of the time in a van, or when your electric hatch back is stuffed full.

..... I don't understand why Jeep doesn't have these gimics in their portfolio, it would cost Jeep ~1hr of computer programming to give you a menu option to see your reverse camera whenever you wanted, in any gear. Would be helpful with a loaded up bed.

Otter155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT, 2007 JKU, 2001 TJ
Build Thread
Link
I'd like to see the new chevy invisible trailer option. Saw it for the first time on a commercial. Not sure what technology it is, truck and trailer combined or pure truck, but you could see behind you like the trailer wasn't there, just a thin outline of the trailer.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I'd like to see the new chevy invisible trailer option. Saw it for the first time on a commercial. Not sure what technology it is, truck and trailer combined or pure truck, but you could see behind you like the trailer wasn't there, just a thin outline of the trailer.
I'm pretty sure they come with wireless cameras that you mount on the rear of the trailer

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
Has anyone upgraded their rear view mirror on the Jeep to switch to a camera view like the new Defender? Or any ideas or thoughts around it for DIY?
I ordered my JT with aux switches. I've thought about using one for a 360 camera. But I wonder how I can get the InfoTainment to display a video feed with the press of an Aux Switch.

I've driven a few electric cars and vans that had this feature... your rear view mirror could give you a really wide panoramic rear view while in any gear, not just reverse. Witch is helpful 100% of the time in a van, or when your electric hatch back is stuffed full.

..... I don't understand why Jeep doesn't have these gimics in their portfolio, it would cost Jeep ~1hr of computer programming to give you a menu option to see your reverse camera whenever you wanted, in any gear. Would be helpful with a loaded up bed.
I'd be interest in this also and/or an in grill dash cam that could be wired to a switch or hot

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 4 Door
Can't right now but I will be trying. The cameras use a proprietary signal on the can-bus systems. As soon as mine gets here I will start haging the can-bus to see what the other options are. Primarily I want turn signal camera for when the doors are off. I have a few ideas.
Sponsored