First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I’ve got a 17” black stone grill. Had a 28” one but was a bitch maintaining it in Florida with all of the humidity. When I’m done cooking with the 17” griddle I store it in an enclosed bag and bring it inside my climate controlled garage. I miss the size of the 28” griddle like yesterday when I was cooking smash burgers for a bunch of people. Also miss it for doing fried rice and stir fry. But for now I’ll make good with what I have.
Sponsored

avensis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
I don't have a griddle, but I plan to buy one.

Last edited:

JT Thomas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 09 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
U.S. Army (Retired)
I have a blackstone but I will tell you, I still like my Weber better and my pit barrel cooker as well. It’s fine but I find it a bit fussier than my other stuff. You have to be vigilant for rust and keep it oiled.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I have a blackstone but I will tell you, I still like my Weber better and my pit barrel cooker as well. It’s fine but I find it a bit fussier than my other stuff. You have to be vigilant for rust and keep it oiled.
Yeah, I neglected mine this past spring.
I took the griddle to a powder coated and they sand blasted it.
re-seasoned and I’m back in business

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have a Camp Chief Pro 3 burner. Love the thing. With it. I can cook like a Japanese steakhouse. I cook on it year round.

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
still no response.

Running the blackstone 22" myself and we absolutely love it. No stand or cover (I dual-purpose a SS bowl when I need to cover something) and the stand seemed way to cumbersome. Without all that, I just partially unfold our shade tarp and run two bungees over it while it sets on top of a travel bin in the bed. Secure and never gets dirty but most importantly, easy for my wife or I to grab. Sometimes we set it up on the tailgate, sometimes on a stump or particularly large boulder, sometimes on our little collapsable table. Point being, without the stand it's far easier to manage, no real planning needed.

We season it with a Crisbee seasoning stick. It's a bit more expensive and applies like deodorant but it lasts far longer than any traditional oil I've used and there is little to no mess and packs well.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I have a camp chef explorer 2 burner and I am thinking about getting the flat top griddle to go on top of it. My local atwoods has them for $95, so it isn't a major purchase. My wife doesn't think that I would use it very much. I currently have a lsg vertical cabinet, Weber summit charcoal grill, green mountain grill daniel boone, and a uds. So, I don't necessarily need it dalstrong nakiri, but I kind of have wanted one for a while. How often do you guys cook on yours and what do you cook on it? I am interested in cooking smash burgers and possibly cheese steak sandwiches, but I don't know how often I would cook either of those. Thanks.
I have a 17" tabletop Blackstone griddle. I make the most awesome smash burgers on it. I'm always getting requests to cook smash burgers on it. I've also cooked pancakes and bacon on it as well as steaks, pork chops, and stir fry. Once you get the griddle properly seasoned, clean up isn't too difficult.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have a camp chef explorer 2 burner and I am thinking about getting the flat top griddle to go on top of it. My local atwoods has them for $95, so it isn't a major purchase. My wife doesn't think that I would use it very much. I currently have a lsg vertical cabinet, Weber summit charcoal grill, green mountain grill daniel boone, and a uds. So, I don't necessarily need it dalstrong nakiri, but I kind of have wanted one for a while. How often do you guys cook on yours and what do you cook on it? I am interested in cooking smash burgers and possibly cheese steak sandwiches, but I don't know how often I would cook either of those. Thanks.
If you have those other cookers, the griddle is an awesome complimentary cooking device. I have a Workhorse 1976 offset smoker. One of my signiture dishes. Is pulled pork sandwiches. Once the pork shoulder has smoked for 10-14 hours I let it sit for a bit. Then I fire up my Blue Rhino griddle (4 burners) make a warm zone for the buns and keeping the meet warm and a sear zone. As I pull the shoulder apart. I drop pattie size servings on the sear zone and crisp them up. Then hit them with some apple cider vinegar wash, a bit of fresh mozzarella, put it all on a toasted sesame seed bun and add fresh coleslaw and pickles.

Dang now I am hungry😁

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not cheap, but Partner Steel makes amazing stuff. We take one whenever we camp. Crazy BTUs and the griddle that goes on is perfect. Stainless steel and built to go on rafting trips. Mostly indestructible and cooks like your kitchen cooktop or better.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I got one that I bought for camping. Can do some good work on it if you have the skills…

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I got one that I bought for camping. Can do some good work on it if you have the skills…
Definitely. And I’m pretty sure it will never wear out.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Just picked up a Bkackstone 17 w hood at a local Tractor Supply sale. $145 out the door. Will be the main camping source, i also have a vintage Coleman stove (white gas) for any other needs (pots and pans)

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Went camping two weeks ago and couldn't screw the propane "wand" onto the stove. In crappy weather, so I didn't have time to deal with it. We went to a new site and on the way stopped at a Walmart to find a single burner - or, if cheap enough, a small griddle. The only single burner was butane powered and $50. Blackstone 17" was $97. So grabbed that, opened it up and threw it in the JT, tossed the garbage in the trash in the Walmart parking lot.

It's going to be a struggle to think which cooking tool I'm going to bring from now on, though.

I do have a cast iron griddle that fits on the 2-burners and campfire (if need be).

When I got home I took the stove apart and checked the connection. Threads got dinged up, so some WD40 and channel locks got everything back to normal.
Sponsored