www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I did this in my JK and was very happy with it. No need to worry about wet carpet if it rains when the doors are off.
Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Not yet, but thinking about it once I get some all weather floor mats. In college my buddy's wrangler got soaked a couple times with the roof and doors off and he ripped it out.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have carpet in my YJ, and I'm thinkin about doing the same to my JT...

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have been thinking about doing this, I do it with the JK but there is a negative to it. The floor mats no longer fit correctly. I just run without them in the summer when the carpet is out. It seems to actually be dangerous to have the floor mats on the driver's side with the carpet out since they slide all round.

I actually put Bedliner on the floor which my wife said helped with noise as well.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I replaced the carpet in my JKU with Armorlite...great product! Really wish they'd make a kit for the Gladiator

Sponsored

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
There was some yahoo on here who was complaining that he burned his foot (through his shoe) down by the trans tunnel where the exhaust loops. Supposedly there is a label underneath the carpet at the location warning that it gets hot. Something to consider I suppose.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There was some yahoo on here who was complaining that he burned his foot (through his shoe) down by the trans tunnel where the exhaust loops. Supposedly there is a label underneath the carpet at the location warning that it gets hot. Something to consider I suppose.
I was just thinking about him the other day. I didn't know who on here remembered him. He disappeared rather quickly.

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Now that you mention it I vaguely remember that.

Now I want to look at the sticker in my JKU and see if it is a heat warning. Hasn't been a problem and I live in Florida.

If I remove it from the JT I want to do it a bit more professionally and save the carpet. Mine was so bad in the JK that I just tore most of it out by hand.

JeepFoamer

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUX
My input can be dismissed considering I haven't bought my JT.....yet. But my JK hasn't had carpet since the day I got it 10 years ago. With a soft top and half doors it was pretty regular I would get some water during our Florida afternoon showers that occur for about 7 months of the year. Once I replaced the top with a new one it helped but never went away completely. I especially enjoy coming back from a business trip and open the doors to the tubs being full up to the sill and seeing the looks on fellow travelers face as they walk by my jeep peeing in the parking lot after I pull the drains.

But with the JT I plan to get, hard top and full doors (wish they still did Mopar halfs) it will be night and day to my older JK. I want something quieter, easier to keep cool and dry and more comfortable to my long daily commutes. No carpet makes it much louder and does not insulate at all. Yes there are options out there that I never got around to as was mentioned above to insulate and sound dampen but it was never an upgrade I required. Now when my JT gets to be a decade plus old and is my beater play toy, I will likely have yanked the carpet by then because nothing beats being able to hose out my jeep after a day of wheeling in the mud and or sand and just pull the drain plugs to let her dry out.

JeepFoamer

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUX
Now that you mention it I vaguely remember that.

Now I want to look at the sticker in my JKU and see if it is a heat warning. Hasn't been a problem and I live in Florida.

If I remove it from the JT I want to do it a bit more professionally and save the carpet. Mine was so bad in the JK that I just tore most of it out by hand.
Mine does, and yes it gets warm but nothing that's going to burn you bad and certainly not through shoes.

Sponsored

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
For those that are interested, I reached out to Armorlite support asking if they are planning on a JT release, response below:

"We sure are! This model is expected to launch early next year. You can sign up for our mailing list at goarmorlite.com, to receive updates and pre-order info on the JT flooring when it’s available."

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
For those that are interested, I reached out to Armorlite support asking if they are planning on a JT release, response below:

"We sure are! This model is expected to launch early next year. You can sign up for our mailing list at goarmorlite.com, to receive updates and pre-order info on the JT flooring when it’s available."
That looks pretty cool. I haven't seen it before.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

That is awesome! I friggin love it! Thanks for sharing.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
That was one of my first mods. I tore out all the carpeting and sprayed the pan with Lizard skin. It has a sound barrier and a thermal barrier coating. I love it. I did it to make clean up easier. We have a German Shepherd and it was a real pain to get the hair out of carpeting.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Anyone have a picture of a JT interior without carpet?
Sponsored