Sponsored

Anyone running 35s on stock wheels without issues?

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to see if I can squeeze 35's under the truck with minimal mods.....I don't want new wheels because nothing compares to factory quality, and I don't want to lift it due to it being a lease.....but I found a smoking deal on some 35's that are new take offs that I can't pass up....I just don't know if I can make them work without blowing off a wheel flare....rubbing I can handle....I just don't want cosmetic damage. I can accept a 1.5 leveling pucks for the front but that's about as far as I want to go for the lazy man mods.
I have a lease too and was worried about crazy modifications. I went with the Iron Rock, 2" spacer lift, 35"s (well...actually like 34.5"), and some wheel spacers. All of these items will not void your warranty and are all easily taken off in 3-years when my lease is up. My thought was: half of a Saturday's worth of work at the beginning of my lease, and half of a Saturday's worth of work at the end of my lease was worth 3-years of the JT looking better and having more off-road capability.
Sponsored

rickettsj

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
can anyone clarify if the willys has the wider axles too? i know we have dana 44's.....just not sure if they are wider or not.....

Sponsored

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did you run them without spacers at all? Any rub?
No, I had the wheel spacers on at the same time as the bigger tires. I doubt they would rub on street driving.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I'm running 35 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock rims with no lift and no rubbing.
20210131_100438.jpg
20210131_100508.jpg
20210131_100541.jpg
Thanks for this...I have been contemplating 35's for my Mojave, running stock MT's currently without a lift. I don't really want to do a lift based on the trails I run, but I may want that extra height and tire when airing down.

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate
No rub on stock wheels with no spacers on a 2021 Mojave

35/11.5/R17 Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs

Last edited:

Sponsored

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
No rub on stock wheels with no spacers on a 2021 Mojave

35/11.5/R17 Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs
Thanks for posting this. I ordered my Mojave a couple weeks ago and talked to the dealer about 35s and found out this morning that their used car department will buy the stock Falkens and the dealer will put these on when it comes in. Fitting on the stock wheels, Cs and weight are boxes these tires checked.

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate
Thanks for posting this. I ordered my Mojave a couple weeks ago and talked to the dealer about 35s and found out this morning that their used car department will buy the stock Falkens and the dealer will put these on when it comes in. Fitting on the stock wheels, Cs and weight are boxes these tires checked.
Awesome! Glad it helped man! Bet you cannot wait till your Mojave gets here!

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Yup 35x11.5 Nitto Trail grapplers on my JTR, looks phenomenal, it’s a game changer imho, I like the oem + look on my rigs so keeping the stock wheels was important to me....zero rub anywhere at any point.

check this for reference:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/trail-tested-jeep-gladiator-rubicon-35s-no-lift/
I am considering doing this right out of the box on the stock rims. I know they’re about 10lbs heavier each than the stock tires, any loss in power or mpg? Any pics of your setup?
Sponsored