Sponsored

Anyone running the Fox Performance Elite 2.5 Reservoir Adjustable on a Diesel?

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Are they bolt on? Did you have to add anything for clearance or to prevent binding?
Sponsored

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
If you’re asking about the 2.5 Fox Race Series with the DSS adjusters, then yes I have them and they are outstanding. I combined them with a 3.0 Rock Krawler X Factor and 37s.
I set them 3 up from full soft for the street and they are easily adjusted up for anything else. The bolt on with the factory hardware. You’ll have to mount the reservoirs for the fronts as directed but that’s easy. I also added the matching Fox hydraulic bumpstops in the front along with an ATS stabilizer and the Synergy track bar/ steering brace. No complaints at all.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Falcon coming out with 3.5s with electrically adjustable switch

OP
OP

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
If you’re asking about the 2.5 Fox Race Series with the DSS adjusters, then yes I have them and they are outstanding. I combined them with a 3.0 Rock Krawler X Factor and 37s.
I set them 3 up from full soft for the street and they are easily adjusted up for anything else. The bolt on with the factory hardware. You’ll have to mount the reservoirs for the fronts as directed but that’s easy. I also added the matching Fox hydraulic bumpstops in the front along with an ATS stabilizer and the Synergy track bar/ steering brace. No complaints at all.
Thanks! I appreciate the info! Great setup!

OP
OP

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Falcon coming out with 3.5s with electrically adjustable switch
Thanks, the difference in performance and adjustability range between the two is night and day.

Sponsored

Haas Avacado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
CNC Machinist / Educator
What length shocks are you running? The ones for a 2-3 or a 3.5 - 4.5" lift?

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
My opinion is that they are absolute garbage out of the box especially on the diesel! Horrible light valving in the front and not enough rebound for even the stock springs.

Have a look at my shock tuning thread to see my whole process in finding what worked. I'm pretty happy right now, but no thanks to anyone in the tuning business. So glad I was anble to take this on myself or it would never have been right. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-to-those-doing-their-own-shock-tuning.53421/

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
My opinion is that they are absolute garbage out of the box especially on the diesel! Horrible light valving in the front and not enough rebound for even the stock springs.

Have a look at my shock tuning thread to see my whole process in finding what worked. I'm pretty happy right now, but no thanks to anyone in the tuning business. So glad I was anble to take this on myself or it would never have been right. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-to-those-doing-their-own-shock-tuning.53421/
Any idea on the Accutune valving for them? I see that they have 3 options.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've never tried Accutune and they never returned my call, so cant advise you there. There are 1 or 2 people that commented on my thread that had shocks from Accutune and were not happy....Might see what they had to say?

OP
OP

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
I spoke with them for a bit on the phone, super nice guy answered all my questions. You can get the shocks dialed in very specific to your use case or pick one of the 3 options they have. I think I'm going the eclick direction just hesitating due to the increased cost. Its a lot vs the Fox 2.5's which I'm finding for $2350 for the set (Untuned) or $2950 tuned through accutune.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I spoke with them for a bit on the phone, super nice guy answered all my questions. You can get the shocks dialed in very specific to your use case or pick one of the 3 options they have. I think I'm going the eclick direction just hesitating due to the increased cost. Its a lot vs the Fox 2.5's which I'm finding for $2350 for the set (Untuned) or $2950 tuned through accutune.
I've been thinking about the E-Clik as well, but with the economy collapse on the horizon, hard to justify the cost when I have all the time into the Fox's that work now.

I think you will find the Foxs, Kings, and Icons are on backorder and have been for some time but the E-Cliks were in stock when I spoke with them.

I'm just having a hard time believing that any tuner that doesn't have a JT in their fleet with the same weights, springs, and driving/terrain style can get anyone dialed in without 3-5 times shipping back. Every change I have made to the truck required a valving change......even the multi rate tuneable sway bar links required a change!
Sponsored