Sponsored

Anyone running the Hooker Blackheart muffler?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Looking for a high clearance muffler and came across this. I've heard the Savvy and AFE versions but can't find video on this specific muffler NOT the one with dual tips. Greatly appreciate any real world experience with this one.

https://www.holley.com/products/exh...blackheart/jeep/jeep_wrangler_jl/parts/BH5410
How does this exhaust sound compared to stock? I'm also looking for a high clearance setup that isn't alot louder. Will you post a pic from the rear to show added clearance? Thanks!

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How does this exhaust sound compared to stock? I'm also looking for a high clearance setup that isn't alot louder. Will you post a pic from the rear to show added clearance? Thanks!
Sounds just a little tick louder than stock and in a good way. The Mrs. didn't want anything loud and this is just a tiny bit more and has a really nice note when you jump on it, it's subtle. All in all it we are very pleased.
Busted the passenger side hanger post when removing the muffler. What a PITA to get those rubber isolators off the posts. Got the new part on the work bench ready for install. Those posts are aluminum and have zero ability to flex. Couple that with a "not in the mood for this BS" attitude and a finger with a healing missing finger tip and you get a broken post :)
It's around $315 but order it from Northridge4x4 to get the forum discount and with tax and free shipping you will come out just under $300. The thing is beefy too, heavy and well built and the tailpipe is adjustable.
Install is a PITA at first. Call me if you buy this and I'll tell you what to look out for.

img_3315-jpg.jpg

img_3314-jpg.jpg

img_3313-jpg.jpg

img_3312-jpg.jpg

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
img_3315-jpg.jpg

img_3314-jpg.jpg

img_3313-jpg.jpg

img_3312-jpg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks great, I'd love to hear it. If there's any chance you could upload a sound/video clip it'd be much appreciated! Can't find much info on it.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Looks great, I'd love to hear it. If there's any chance you could upload a sound/video clip it'd be much appreciated! Can't find much info on it.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to get one later, honestly it is barely louder than stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Looks great, I'd love to hear it. If there's any chance you could upload a sound/video clip it'd be much appreciated! Can't find much info on it.[/QUOTE]

Here you go...

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
[/QUOTE]

You're the best for doing this! Very much appreciated

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looks great, I'd love to hear it. If there's any chance you could upload a sound/video clip it'd be much appreciated! Can't find much info on it.
Here you go...

[/QUOTE]
Mike....you’re a few weeks in now. Still happy with it? Any drone or annoying sound issues? The clip you provided was great though.....thanks.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go...

Mike....you’re a few weeks in now. Still happy with it? Any drone or annoying sound issues? The clip you provided was great though.....thanks.[/QUOTE]

No complaints. Has a great sound that is not intrusive and the price was right. I think there was one time I noticed a tiny bit of drone at a certain speed and rpm but can't remember and it was nothing really of note. I'm curious to see how it will sound for 40 hours straight when we drive to St. George and Moab in July :)

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I am torn between this and AFE, I think I will go with AFE since my wife would not like me to mount a "hooker".

Sponsored

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
Here's the AFE Mach Power hight tuck axle back.. I was torn between this and Hooker. I initially had the dynomax delete but that was a little too much so I threw the stock back on. The AFE fits between the dynomax and stock in terms of tone.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z9rgKunmmKyxeLok7

Link to my video, sorry didn't upload to youtube.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the AFE Mach Power hight tuck axle back.. I was torn between this and Hooker. I initially had the dynomax delete but that was a little too much so I threw the stock back on. The AFE fits between the dynomax and stock in terms of tone.

Seriously considered this one since but it's like $100 than the Hooker which I was OK with but then they wanted $90 to ship and I said screw it and got a Hooker.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Awesome, do you have more pics on how high it tuck away the exhaust? Did you put on the heatshield? I don't understand why it need more heatshield, since it is barely a mini version of the factory muffler.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously considered this one since but it's like $100 than the Hooker which I was OK with but then they wanted $90 to ship and I said screw it and got a Hooker.
I ordered from @Northridge4x4 and they have 10% off with free shipping, works out less than $400 after tax,

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered from @Northridge4x4 and they have 10% off with free shipping, works out less than $400 after tax,
Cool. I think at the time I was buying they were out of stock or didn't carry it yet.
Sponsored