Sponsored

Anyone swapped a 14 bolt?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Thinking of beefing up the axles with new gears, lockers, axle shafts, truss... but then wondering if maybe a junkyard 14 bolt is better option to build on. Anyone done that swap yet, or Ford 1 ton? Most interested to hear about parts, welding for the control arms or kits available, and ABS compatibility. Don't want to lose ABS.
Sponsored

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
I swapped a Full Float 14B into my YJ years ago, it was no big deal and had leafs at the time. I swapped a HPD60 into the front.

I'm currently redoing it by stretching the rear ~10" & doing an upper trianguled 4 link, truss, outboard shocks and french the frame for coils & shocks. I run a fuel cell in the tub so there's plenty room for the stretch. I've done several custom mid-arm linked front & rears on Jeeps before, but it's finally time for mine.

As far as parts goes, I generally use Genright's tall shock towers and their lowers. Genright forward frame mounted control arm mounts, Currie, or Artec trusses, and several different axle control arm mounts. I'll usually install a Currie antirock F&R too. I always build my own arms & typically use Johnny joints.

For shocks, I usually go with custom tuned Fox's by Wayne at All Tech Motorsports who's a friend of mine.