Sponsored

Anyone tried the Mopar Sun Bonnet 82215620?

speedbagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 500EXC
anyone out there have the mopar sun bonnet p/n 82215620? couldn't find anything searching the p/n.

was wondering what everyone thought.....i looks like the design drains rain/water directly into the cab (in between the doors-rollbar and i'm guessing at the back too?).

looking for something that can shed at least some light water if i'm caught out with the top off.

thanks!

Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's probably your best bet if you're looking for something that can resist a light rain shower. The Mopar sun bonnet is made out of vinyl whereas the shades made by spiderwebshades and alien are a mesh material and are more for sun shade than rain. I plan on getting the Mopar one when it is available, however I am a little leery about the noise that JL owners have experienced due to the flapping since wind can not easily pass through it like the above mentioned.

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Got mine today but haven't installed it yet. I will upload pics once I do but it will likely be end of next week.

Jmeng

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I just put one on today. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. Higher speeds will definitely be an issue with the flapping/buffeting.

TG2500

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rosenthal
Installed it this past weekend, no rain yet so haven’t tested it but the front portion is solidly zipped up so I think it will be ok in light rain. Some flapping noise on the road but it wasn’t too annoying - I expected worse.

Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Installed it this past weekend, no rain yet so haven’t tested it but the front portion is solidly zipped up so I think it will be ok in light rain. Some flapping noise on the road but it wasn’t too annoying - I expected worse.
Can the hardtop be installed over this or do you have to remove it to put the hard top on?

Jmeng

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Can the hardtop be installed over this or do you have to remove it to put the hard top on?
It looks like the rear of the hardtop may fit over it; however, the front would require it to be removed.
If you have the mopar handles though. They will have to be removed all together to get this to work.

Jmeng

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
How in the heck did you get the front A pillar clips on?

650E6E5B-A754-4F6A-9709-F866ADAF5A02.jpeg

F5DFB42C-3949-4DAF-8635-DF76814845AD.jpeg

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
dog bed thing on the last picture?

Those sun bonnets look cool. What's the purpose? For when you've got the hardtop off, but still want some sun/rain protection?

Jmeng

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
dog bed thing on the last picture?

Those sun bonnets look cool. What's the purpose? For when you've got the hardtop off, but still want some sun/rain protection?
Yep. Just some coverage from light rain and sun.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yep. Just some coverage from light rain and sun.
can you share what product the dog bed thing is? looks neat

bonnet looks cool too. So many options
soft top
hard top
bonnet
sun shade
OR you could do a hard top with bonnet, sun shade and a bestop soft-top for hardtop and get all 4 on there. lol

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
can you share what product the dog bed thing is? looks neat

bonnet looks cool too. So many options
soft top
hard top
bonnet
sun shade
OR you could do a hard top with bonnet, sun shade and a bestop soft-top for hardtop and get all 4 on there. lol
You left out my fave :) - the sun bikini... I wish Bestop (@BestopTeam) made them in red mesh and other body colors as opposed to only black mesh. And, I hope they make the bikini for over the back seats as well.

The sunrider is a close second for me although I am not sure about the noise that folded sunrider would make...

I don't like the bonnet and how it is sitting awkwardly on speakers or whatever is in the middle? Idk what is in the middle cuz my LE is not delivered yet LOL.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
You left out my fave :) - the sun bikini... I wish Bestop (@BestopTeam) made them in red mesh and other body colors as opposed to only black mesh. And, I hope they make the bikini for over the back seats as well.

The sunrider is a close second for me although I am not sure about the noise that folded sunrider would make...

I don't like the bonnet and how it is sitting awkwardly on speakers or whatever is in the middle? Idk what is in the middle cuz my LE is not delivered yet LOL.
@Pat2Alaska how's the noise with the Sunrider open?
Sponsored