First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I am evaluating exactly what to upgrade next on my Gladiator, and was wondering if anyone has used Synergy 2" or 3" springs up front. Synergy has very soft spring rates, and on-road comfort is a significant consideration. In JL world, they seem to be one of the softest riding springs. Anyone?
Sponsored

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
I am currently the only person who has Synergy’s 3” JT kit. It rides very nice both on and off road. I have some footage on my YouTube channel of the suspension working in a few of my videos if your interested. (TJ Mitchell Films)

C1C660BD-35BD-43A7-94D5-D38E0CB5C62E.jpeg

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. I had watched your videos for my preliminary research. If I gathered info correctly, they started you on the 3" JLU springs up front, but then moved you to the 4" JLU front springs, right? In both instances you had the top-mount drag link and track bar bracket. I was looking at initially putting their 2" springs up front with Fox 3.5-4" lift shocks (per their JL recommendation), but wasn't sure if there was going to be a matching rear spring available soon. I've emailed Synergy, but haven't received a response.

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Thanks. I had watched your videos for my preliminary research. If I gathered info correctly, they started you on the 3" JLU springs up front, but then moved you to the 4" JLU front springs, right? In both instances you had the top-mount drag link and track bar bracket. I was looking at initially putting their 2" springs up front with Fox 3.5-4" lift shocks (per their JL recommendation), but wasn't sure if there was going to be a matching rear spring available soon. I've emailed Synergy, but haven't received a response.
I just talked to their design engineer last week about when the rear JT specific parts will be available and they are hoping for soon. However with the COVID-19 situation it has slowed them down on production.

You are correct on everything I am running on the front end. I only went to a 4” front spring because when the truck was empty the rear sat a bit higher. I am really happy how the rear springs handle towing as well as daily driving and off road flex. I think they found a sweet spot on the rear springs.

Synergy takes a while to come to market because they want to make sure the parts are going to last and hold up properly. If you end up waiting and going with them you won’t regret it.

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’m also looking forward to their lift. We swapped out accutune coils for the synergy coils on our JL and love them. We were thinking of just buying the front 2” coils and put in rear 0.75” spacers using the OEM to keep similar ratios of lift in comparison to our 1.5” spacer level lift.

We are hoping for more info on their lift soon but appreciate the time they take to thoroughly test their parts before production.

Sponsored

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a set of the 3" springs. I purchased a 2" Daystar leveling kit and installed the front thinking it would give me the lift I was going for. However, because I added a metal bumper and winch before the lift it brought the front end down close to 2" so when I installed the Daystar kit it basically brought it back to stock height. At this point, I didn't even need to add the rear. I'm hoping the 3" Synergy coil spring will give it the lift I need to compensate for the inches lost due to the front bumper and winch.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered a set of the 3" springs. I purchased a 2" Daystar leveling kit and installed the front thinking it would give me the lift I was going for. However, because I added a metal bumper and winch before the lift it brought the front end down close to 2" so when I installed the Daystar kit it basically brought it back to stock height. At this point, I didn't even need to add the rear. I'm hoping the 3" Synergy coil spring will give it the lift I need to compensate for the inches lost due to the front bumper and winch.
Please report back after you have them installed, with pictures. I’ve been torn about whether to go with their 2” or 3” springs.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
I am running Synergy 2" springs in the front of my base Sport. Ride quality is more or less the same, I would definitely still describe it as soft. Maybe a bit too soft with my stock sport shocks, so I am upgrading to the Rubicon shocks.

I got alot more then 2" of lift, even after settling, almost 3.4" of lift based on my measurements. Keep in mind that they use a custom lower spring isolator, which is basically like adding a 1/2" spacer under the spring. Results will probably be different on a Rubicon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I am running Synergy 2" springs in the front of my base Sport. Ride quality is more or less the same, I would definitely still describe it as soft. Maybe a bit too soft with my stock sport shocks, so I am upgrading to the Rubicon shocks.

I got alot more then 2" of lift, even after settling. almost 3.4" of lift based on my measurements. Keep in mind that they use a custom lower spring isolator, which is basically like adding a 1/2" spacer under the spring. Results maybe different on a Rubicon.
I know they base their advertised lift based on a Rubicon, then account for the added weight of winch, bumper, and armor, so that would translate to more than 2” on a Sport. Thanks for the report.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
To answer my own question, I put 2” Synergy springs on the front of my Rubicon today. These springs were on a JL for a couple of weeks, so they are already broken in. I actually lost 1/4” of height vs. my Rubicon spring and 2” spacer combo. They ride almost identical to the stock springs, but are actually 4-1/2” longer than the stock springs without weight on them. I now plan to add a 3/4” front spacer to get me up 1/2” vs. before. I will also Be able to go to a 3.5-4” lift Fox shock, which will allow 2” more suspension droop.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone using Synergy springs? 46F1FA9D-6151-4CF3-8FB7-B6ABF8171DE1

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
To answer my own question, I put 2” Synergy springs on the front of my Rubicon today. These springs were on a JL for a couple of weeks, so they are already broken in. I actually lost 1/4” of height vs. my Rubicon spring and 2” spacer combo. They ride almost identical to the stock springs, but are actually 4-1/2” longer than the stock springs without weight on them. I now plan to add a 3/4” front spacer to get me up 1/2” vs. before. I will also Be able to go to a 3.5-4” lift Fox shock, which will allow 2” more suspension droop.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone using Synergy springs? 46F1FA9D-6151-4CF3-8FB7-B6ABF8171DE1
Sweet thx for this update. I was thinking of doing the same, and getting rid of our OEM front coil and 1.5" spacer. Looks like I might have my answer on what the height will be at. Thx for this info!

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
I wasn’t looking for a lift really since my wife has enough trouble getting in, so I wanted to just level my front end and not lose height with a winch and bumper installed. I used the Synergy 1” springs and a 1/2” spacer with the Teraflex shocks. This combo has worked out perfect for the height I wanted as well as a great ride.

2FE21D78-9C37-4EED-9748-644A5072ECAC.jpeg

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase

46F1FA9D-6151-4CF3-8FB7-B6ABF8171DE1.jpeg
Hey Renegade - sorry I didn't report back. I belong to a few Gladiator Sites and lost track of where I responded to your email. I did install the synergy Springs . However, what I planned to do, I didn't. My plan was to install the Synergy springs with the 2" Daystar spacers. When I installed the Springs I wind up leaving the spacers out, because the springs out the box looked tall enough. Of course, after mounting everything back up and dropping the truck back to the pavement it brought it slightly higher than previously. Again, I did not have to install the back spacer kit. But it does look better than before. Disappointing because I purchased the 2" Day star kit thinking it would give me the height I was going for.

On a good note; Synergy just came out with their rear springs which I just ordered today. I went with the 3' spring to match what I have in the front. Once I get that installed than I will determined where I need to go with the spacers. I just can't believe that my front bumper and winch is the cause of the issue. especially when they say their spring takes in account for a fully Rubicon model.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hey Renegade - sorry I didn't report back. I belong to a few Gladiator Sites and lost track of where I responded to your email. I did install the synergy Springs . However, what I planned to do, I didn't. My plan was to install the Synergy springs with the 2" Daystar spacers. When I installed the Springs I wind up leaving the spacers out, because the springs out the box looked tall enough. Of course, after mounting everything back up and dropping the truck back to the pavement it brought it slightly higher than previously. Again, I did not have to install the back spacer kit. But it does look better than before. Disappointing because I purchased the 2" Day star kit thinking it would give me the height I was going for.

On a good note; Synergy just came out with their rear springs which I just ordered today. I went with the 3' spring to match what I have in the front. Once I get that installed than I will determined where I need to go with the spacers. I just can't believe that my front bumper and winch is the cause of the issue. especially when they say their spring takes in account for a fully Rubicon model.
So are you running the 3" Synergy springs in front, with the Daystar 1.5" spacer in the rear right now? Could you post pics? I wound up adding a Teraflex 1" spacer in the front with my 2" Synergy springs, and I like how it sits with the Daystar 1.5" spacer and stock springs in the back. I just checked out the Synergy rear springs online, and they do require the use of a 2" bump stop spacer. That actually might be a step backwards for me in overall travel since I am able to achieve full compression without bump stop spacers now.
Sponsored

Last edited: