Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'll never forget seeing this and wanting it so badly. Anybody wish they could have gotten this over their current gladiator?
Jeep Gladiator Anyone wish they had THIS gladiator Screenshot_20220109-204047_Chrome
Thatā€™s pretty sweet.

FshnRdnJpnAB

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon. 2005 TJ Rubicon.
I'll never forget seeing this and wanting it so badly. Anybody wish they could have gotten this over their current gladiator?
Jeep Gladiator Anyone wish they had THIS gladiator Screenshot_20220109-204047_Chrome
It was concepts like this that ā€˜kept the dream aliveā€™ that Jeep might one day actually produce a truck. The AEV BRUTE was totally cool, and Iā€™ve seen TJ conversions that looked awesome too, but when the rumours of a Jeep truck were confirmed I knew I would have one one day. The first Gladiator that I saw in person was May 16 2019, and I loved it. It took until Dec 2020, but I finally did it.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I kinda wish they offered the JT in an extended cab, although I wouldnā€™t have bought one and the majority of Americans wouldnā€™t.

If youā€™ve read much about the engineering behind the JT design, youā€™d realize that it wouldnā€™t have the same amazing weight distribution. That extra space behind the rear doors that make the proportions look off is why the JTs have such amazing weight distribution for a truck. There wouldnā€™t be a way to do that with an extended cab without altering the wheelbase and that just wouldnā€™t really work either.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I kinda wish they offered the JT in an extended cab, although I wouldnā€™t have bought one and the majority of Americans wouldnā€™t.

If youā€™ve read much about the engineering behind the JT design, youā€™d realize that it wouldnā€™t have the same amazing weight distribution. That extra space behind the rear doors that make the proportions look off is why the JTs have such amazing weight distribution for a truck. There wouldnā€™t be a way to do that with an extended cab without altering the wheelbase and destroying that just wouldnā€™t work either.
Oh wow, I never knew that. That's really interesting.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Oh wow, I never knew that. That's really interesting.
Yup. I canā€™t remember the exact number but IIRC itā€™s 55/45 which is way better than the competition. Itā€™s one of the Gladiatorā€™s best selling points that I never see mentioned.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No. I had a base cab Ford - will never go back to a basic 2 door truck again. That one's made the rounds here a few times.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Hard pill to swallow for most Jeep fans. Said it many times but there's a reason it's the lowest selling config from any of the three manufacturers who sell it and I'm still convinced they only sell it because it's a popular config for fleet.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Hard pill to swallow for most Jeep fans. Said it many times but there's a reason it's the lowest selling config from any of the three manufacturers who sell it and I'm still convinced they only sell it because it's a popular config for fleet.
When was the last time you saw a fleet gladiator? Iā€™ve never seen one.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
When was the last time you saw a fleet gladiator? Iā€™ve never seen one.
No, but does this count? It's a Jeep............ my sister-in-law in the driver seat -

Jeep Gladiator Anyone wish they had THIS gladiator 1641785959199

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
No, because the bed is already small enough that eating up more space to fit a tire outboard of it would make it silly small.