Anyone with a pulsar

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
I purchased a pulsar and installed it. It didn't allow my truck to start. Removed it and now back to normal. They are sending another one out overnight. Anyone else with any issues
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
There’s another thread on here on the Pulsar. Looks like even the guy who installed it and got it to work eventually decided to remove it because it caused problems. 30HP would be nice but not at the expense of a running truck.

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
I have the pulsar. It was in for about 4000 miles. Had p2138 code come up recently and it went into limp mode. Got it to where I could clear 2 of the 3 codes where 1 was embedded. This allowed it to get out of limp mode and normal driveability. I removed it and got an rma from Superchips. They got it and said they are sending out a new one. Waiting on the new one to come to me now. I was in normal mode when this happened driving on surface streets doing 30 mph. Another time it happened different code all relating to voltage of the pedal, i was in economy mode for about 30 mins when pulling into a parking lot the check engine light came on and the jeep sputtered a bit. Was able to clear that code.

OP
OP
Daniel.cox8

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
I have pulsar newest version its awesome. Performance mode is quick with 37s . But I also have 4.88 gears the first one sent to me. Was a version one it had bugs. They sent me a new one directly from factory. It's way awesome.

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have pulsar newest version its awesome. Performance mode is quick with 37s . But I also have 4.88 gears the first one sent to me. Was a version one it had bugs. They sent me a new one directly from factory. It's way awesome.
I just received my replacement 42452 pulsar. Its brand new. Did not hear there is "new" version or better programming. Is there some reference number on the silver sticker on the front of the unit that tells the difference from ver 1 to ver 2?

Sponsored

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got the new replacement installed and guess what.....it cranks no fire up. Needs to go back to superchips.

OP
OP
Daniel.cox8

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
Got the new replacement installed and guess what.....it cranks no fire up. Needs to go back to superchips.
Damn that sux my pulsar is great!!! No problems I like it alot i do want to add the front camra from the other programer.

20200224_084228.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel.cox8

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
Is that pulsar from superchips ? Super chips when I called them were rude the pulsar people are way cooler

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is that pulsar from superchips ? Super chips when I called them were rude the pulsar people are way cooler
Its the same company as far as I know. I spoke with Brian.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Daniel.cox8

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
Mine from 4wheel parts was a superchips pulsar it did what you are saying exactly crank no start. Called edge up directly and they sent me one over night and all was amazing. Superchips said I installed it wrong. I was like your stupid it's stupid easy.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
Doing some research and think edge, super chips, and diablo are all under the same parent company.

I had a similar dealing with super chips over the phone with a different product. I hit them up on social media and was able to resolve my issues through private message and a different person.

night and day experience over the phone and private message...was heated when I hung up the phone (could have been me and the way I explained the problem..IDK).

on another note...wish they could get the product more solid! Would buy one in a heartbeat.

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Superchips said something went bad in the unit and resent another one out. Ive had it installed for week and maybe 300 miles so far so good.

Dylanhargrove93

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Only had mine for around 1000 miles but with the 37x12.50s and 2” mopar lift I’m averaging 17-18 on highway in economy mode. Also pulled a 5k boat/trailer about 200 miles in tow mode with the lift/tires set on 65 cruise control and managed 10mpg and never got above 4K rpm even on hills. Seems to be a nice increase in power/mpg along with the fact that you can correct speedo, change tire pressure settings and turn off auto start. As others mentioned, performance mode seems fast and makes the truck feel as if it doesn’t have the larger tires.
Sponsored