Sponsored

Anyone with a sport model without max tow mind sharing a pic of suspension similar to mine?

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
Looking to compare suspension pics. Dealer messed around with front suspension and gave it back to me with messed up alignment want to see if everything compares to someones who hasn't been touched.

20200327_201823.jpg
Sponsored

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Sport S
Here is mine! Could need to tighten the track bar in a little? That’s all I can see. That could just be a spring difference though... I’m not sure what part number springs we each have or if that would matter.

6F01CBED-765F-4F42-9385-58435CFF7E56.jpeg

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
Thanks man would the track bar be the play I have in my wheel? I just thought the bracket on wheel was a little close to springs but looks normal on sport.

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man would the track bar be the play I have in my wheel? I just thought the bracket on wheel was a little close to springs but looks normal on sport.
I’m not sure, what is the play like? Like a dead spot in the steering when turning?

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
Little spot in the middle before it reacts to turning right or left.

Sponsored

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that is a semi common problem.. there are a few threads on here about it but I think they have concluded its more of a steering box than suspension issue.. not sure in your case... do you have a lift or anything? What was the original problem when you took it in?

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
I think that is a semi common problem.. there are a few threads on here about it but I think they have concluded its more of a steering box than suspension issue.. not sure in your case... do you have a lift or anything? What was the original problem when you took it in?
I had a popping noise when turning right or left. It took them a month and half to figure it out. They took alot of stuff apart until the figured out it was a transfer case sheild moving. I'd bring it back but I dont want to wait another month. No lift yet. Think i might do a spacer lift eventually just to gain an inch or 2 because i drive alot to work and dont want to lose fuel efficiency.

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a popping noise when turning right or left. It took them a month and half to figure it out. They took alot of stuff apart until the figured out it was a transfer case sheild moving. I'd bring it back but I dont want to wait another month. No lift yet. Think i might do a spacer lift eventually just to gain an inch or 2 because i drive alot to work and dont want to lose fuel efficiency.
I wonder if they messed with the steering box any. Usually that’s the culprit with the dead spot.

You might find something to help you in this thread.. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/loose-steering.16550/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
I know they took the steering column out.
Sponsored