Sponsored

Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper?

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Has anyone tried to mount a winch too the stock bumper. Or is it even possible. Was looking at it on mine and looks possible but before I start doing my "Handy Work" was wondering if anyone has tried and or failed/ succeeded. Haven't seen a thread on this thought I'd ask. I know my old beat up CJ the winch is on the stock bumper lol probably the only thing stock on the old play toy.
Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried to mount a winch too the stock bumper. Or is it even possible. Was looking at it on mine and looks possible but before I start doing my "Handy Work" was wondering if anyone has tried and or failed/ succeeded. Haven't seen a thread on this thought I'd ask. I know my old beat up CJ the winch is on the stock bumper lol probably the only thing stock on the old play toy.
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90205.htm

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
One could mount it in the bumper not on the bumper. I did this with my JK. I fabed up a mounting bracket that bolted to the inner frame rails and then cut into the stock plastic bumper a but so that I could tuck the winch into it. It turned out very nice. Used it that way for years.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0159.JPG

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Not to mention loss of cooling efficiency.

OP
OP
Capt.Grumps1075

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
One could mount it in the bumper not on the bumper. I did this with my JK. I fabed up a mounting bracket that bolted to the inner frame rails and then cut into the stock plastic bumper a but so that I could tuck the winch into it. It turned out very nice. Used it that way for years.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0159.JPG
Going to have to look into that. What size winch is that

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Going to have to look into that. What size winch is that
Smittybilt X20 12,000. It really was not that difficult. Started off with cardboard and mocked everting up. Then just took my time making sure everting was correct before moving to the next step.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0123.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0139.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0141.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0152.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0111.JPG

OP
OP
Capt.Grumps1075

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Smittybilt X20 12,000. It really was not that difficult. Started off with cardboard and mocked everting up. Then just took my time making sure everting was correct before moving to the next step.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone with a Sport or Sport S mount a winch to the stock bumper? IMG_0111.JPG
Looks good. Great job đź‘Ť