Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
I've read a lot about how other 2.5" lifts are actually like a 3.5". But since I will be running the icon lift and it says on their site that it is measured based off a Rubicon, is that the same thing? or 2.5" is a true 2.5.
Sponsored

jasunto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Technical Implementation Engineer
I've read a lot about how other 2.5" lifts are actually like a 3.5". But since I will be running the icon lift and it says on their site that it is measured based off a Rubicon, is that the same thing? or 2.5" is a true 2.5.
I just ordered the stage 4. Estimated to ship Dec 1st. I called and ask several questions on it. He stated all of theirs are designed and built around the Rubicon so 2.5” would be the amount of lift from a stock Rubicon which is already a little taller. I am worried the 35s will look too small, but that’s what they recommend and I don’t want to start with 37s just yet. They have a bump stop kit for 37” use. Down2mob overland on YouTube has tons of videos of his. He is rocking 37s though and got one of their highest stages.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the stage 4. Estimated to ship Dec 1st. I called and ask several questions on it. He stated all of theirs are designed and built around the Rubicon so 2.5” would be the amount of lift from a stock Rubicon which is already a little taller. I am worried the 35s will look too small, but that’s what they recommend and I don’t want to start with 37s just yet. They have a bump stop kit for 37” use. Down2mob overland on YouTube has tons of videos of his. He is rocking 37s though and got one of their highest stages.
Hi so. I already had the stage 4 installed. Paired with metal cloak bump stops cause its adjustable. With 37s, it gave me an overall lift of 6"

Pic in next post

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Anyone with Icon lift? 1603752882922_20201026_095201 (1)

Jeep Gladiator Anyone with Icon lift? IMG_20201026_111718_404

Sponsored

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. How’s the ride and handling?
The ride is great! Nice and smooth. Not going to handle like a sports car but it handles good for a lifted truck. Can't complain.

Did you get a steering stabilizer?

jasunto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
The ride is great! Nice and smooth. Not going to handle like a sports car but it handles good for a lifted truck. Can't complain.

Did you get a steering stabilizer?
No, Should I? Does the stock one not cut it anymore? My stock Rubicon is fun to manage steering on the freeway and Jeep won't do anything for you TSB wise if you lift, so may be getting the synergy support bracket and maybe the drag link with attenuator at some point.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No, Should I? Does the stock one not cut it anymore? My stock Rubicon is fun to manage steering on the freeway and Jeep won't do anything for you TSB wise if you lift, so may be getting the synergy support bracket and maybe the drag link with attenuator at some point.
mm. I honestly don't think its necessary. But I just got it just in case it was.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I am evaluating the Icon vs the Mopar with additional parts, I'm also a little iffy on what 35s would look like with the 2.5 Icon Lift. I have 35s now and am not interested in going to 37s before I wear out the 35s, and not sure I want to go bigger after that anyways.

Would love to see photos of a Rubicon with the 2.5 Icon lift on 35s.

jasunto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I am evaluating the Icon vs the Mopar with additional parts, I'm also a little iffy on what 35s would look like with the 2.5 Icon Lift. I have 35s now and am not interested in going to 37s before I wear out the 35s, and not sure I want to go bigger after that anyways.

Would love to see photos of a Rubicon with the 2.5 Icon lift on 35s.
Hopefully I will have pics in December. Surprised I haven’t got the wheels/tires yet. I will call on that. The lift is mostly in stock, just a few parts here and there back ordered.

Sponsored

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
Any updates on this lift with 35’s? I am trying to find more info on height and ride characteristics before pulling the trigger on one.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Wondering if anyone has photos of the Icon 2.5 lift with 35s on a Rubicon? Also interested to see what everyone thinks of the lifts now that they've had them for a little while.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How are the shocks and spring rates? Do you feel like they are much stiffer than stock?
definitely stiffer than stock but still very comfortable.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
Wondering if anyone has photos of the Icon 2.5 lift with 35s on a Rubicon? Also interested to see what everyone thinks of the lifts now that they've had them for a little while.
I am running thestage 8 kit, Rides and drives like factory. However with the adjustable shocks not as bouncy. Handles great on the most messed up roads I could find in the city. Have not gone off-road yet. Lots going on at home. (Re-model) will give up date on off-road handling when I can

A984E565-55DF-42B0-9C96-8BA4E98124F7.jpeg

936567BB-1F9B-4562-A2DE-C6BA3DB50C67.jpeg

89957CD4-FCC4-427E-9A69-61BC56E35D6A.jpeg
Sponsored