Sponsored

Anyone with over 100k miles on their 3.6 yet ?

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I am curious if anyone has reached over 100k miles yet ? Any issues you had to deal with ?
Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
On a gladiator only ? These engines are used in most jeeps and other cars. Many way way over 100k.

If your interested in engine issues for this specific engine you will find more high mileage people on the JL forum since it's been around longer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
On a gladiator only ? These engines are used in most jeeps and other cars. Many way way over 100k.

If your interested in engine issues for this specific engine you will find more high mileage people on the JL forum since it's been around longer.
Mainly looking at longevity of the new 3.6 engines (VVL) - looks like there is alot of people with great success: being one of them.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
70,500ish miles on mine.

Knock on wood no issues. But I honestly attribute that to learning from my last jeep and just not F-ing with the jeep engine / exhaust / or drive line. As well as following the recommended Maitenance…even when it seems silly.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Mainly looking at longevity of the new 3.6 engines (VVL) - looks like there is alot of people with great success: being one of them.
The current 3.6 pentastar is a 3rd generation engine. Most of the kinks worked out.

Im sure that some naysayers will be along shortly with an axe to grind.

But, (and I agree with what was already stated clearly above). If you don't eff with it it is a very reliable engine. Well established.

Yes there are some with defects and those folks are loud on the forums but generally they are rock solid.

The you tube folks with every modification under the sun to sqeeek out unnecessary horsepower IMHO and other silly mods always seem to cause themselves problems.

If you run and maintain it as the engineers designed it, odds are you will have good long term reliability.

Mine is at 25k and has been perfect. Knock on wood.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
70,500ish miles on mine.

Knock on wood no issues. But I honestly attribute that to learning from my last jeep and just not F-ing with the jeep engine / exhaust / or drive line. As well as following the recommended Maitenance…even when it seems silly.
100% agree with you don’t F with it and it will serve you right.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
No issues, but always wonder what the constant ESS system restarting a motor that is draining oil back to oil pan does long term…..Jack

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I think there a couple of folks with over 100k on this forum, some might even be close to 200k by now.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have 45K on my JT, no problems. I had 125K on my 13 Wrangler when a tree fell on it. I had no issues with either Jeep.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I think there a couple of folks with over 100k on this forum, some might even be close to 200k by now.
Wheres that dude who used his gladiator as a chase truck for oversized loads. I'm pretty sure he clocked 130k in one year
Sponsored