Apple Car Play works wireless?

20GladRubi

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was just wondering if Apple Car Play only worked when it is hard wired or can it work wirelessly. Thank you for any information on this...

20GladiRubi
Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Pretty sure it’s wired only. Few vehicles are currently doing wireless CarPlay. Of course, I meant to check myself yet but haven’t.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Wired for us... there are some high end mfg’s that have wireless besides 85% of aftermarket radios have wireless.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Next generation Uconnect Software has already been announced to have it. I don’t know if that will be available to us as an update or not.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Next generation Uconnect Software has already been announced to have it. I don’t know if that will be available to us as an update or not.
I highly doubt it, though since we do have WiFi built in I think our systems technically meet the requirements for it.

Papalecki

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I find sometimes my iPhone doesn’t stay connect via Bluetooth; but works 100% when wired in

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Just found this the other night:
https://carplay2air.com/

Looks promising.
I have this. Have had it for less then 2 weeks. Its been decent so far, but I primarily wanted to be able to leave my phone in my pocket & for the most part I can. On occasion though audio gets choppy (streaming spotify), and I move my phone out of my pocket into a cup holder & that clears it up. I am not sure if its the cell signal or connection to the cplay2air device though so YMMV.

Jeep Gladiator Apple Car Play works wireless? IMG_0489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wired only (at least for the Gladiator).
Same with most aftermarket head units, as well. My brand new Alpine ILX-W650 that I put in my 2007 Ram 2500 Cummins a few months back, is one of the most advanced units you can buy, and it's still wired-only Apple CarPlay. But you can bluetooth and make calls and texts wireless without it having to be plugged into the unit. You just have to have it plugged in to use the GPS and full control of the phone through the head unit.

Sponsored

iWilder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
I have this. Have had it for less then 2 weeks. Its been decent so far, but I primarily wanted to be able to leave my phone in my pocket & for the most part I can. On occasion though audio gets choppy (streaming spotify), and I move my phone out of my pocket into a cup holder & that clears it up. I am not sure if its the cell signal or connection to the cplay2air device though so YMMV.

I'm just a few days away from shopping for a Gladiator. I was wondering if there was a usb port in the console, thanks for the pic. This is exactly what I want to do!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

What head unit do you have. I bought this for my 7" and cannot get it to connect.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I bought it for andriod auto as I have an S9. I tried it with my wife's apple 11, still no dice. When you say update, what did you have to do? Did you have to load anything on uour headunit. My instructions for the Carplay say to download an apk onto the headunit?

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
You can just do the insane audio 9” upgrade and it has wireless car play/android auto not to mention millions of apps from the google play store...Netflix, YouTube etc...

C1DCD1B3-0EA0-4D0C-89E8-DC1E02825E3A.jpeg

F3F85434-1D48-4069-BDC6-C53CA7F08BAE.jpeg

BBFA1922-CBC9-47C8-8868-099419865787.jpeg

74D99394-55EA-43B2-98EF-109734889BEC.jpeg
Sponsored