First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
Due to some recent front end damage it was time to replace the OEM plastic Rubicon/LED fog light bumper with something more substantial. I had some criteria that a new bumper had to meet for my specific needs:
  • Retain or replace the OEM front skid plate, replacement had to be included and not an after -thought
  • Retain the OEM round LED FOG lights and include the necessary hardware
  • Winch ready, recessed preferred to retain air-flow
  • Full-width (for me, since it’s a daily driver/overland build) maximum protection and hopefully less impact to MPG
  • Comes finished/painted with a durable finish and reputation for quality
After careful consideration I decided the Bondi Deluxe met all of these criteria and fit my build the best. I have read some concerns regarding the weight of the bumper so while I was waiting for my Jeep to get back from the shop I took the opportunity to weigh the components – any listed weight on a website likely reflects all components so comparing a full solution (winch mounting plate, skid plate and bumper) will likely show the @ARB_USA skewed as heavy – its best to consider all components included:
  • Bumper alone: 68.8 lbs (without end caps, hardware, fog lights, tow hooks, license plate mount)
  • Winch mounting plate: 20.2 lbs (without hardware)
  • Skid Plate: 11 lbs (without hardware)
  • Tow Hooks: 17.6 lbs Total (8.8lbs each)
  • Winch Cover Plate: 3.4 lbs (without hardware)
- Total without winch cover or hardware: 117.6 lbs

What is included in the box?

Jeep Gladiator ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper Installation - First Impressions 1

Hardware bag contents:
Jeep Gladiator ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper Installation - First Impressions 2

I would later learn there were not enough cage nuts included – needed 10 only received 4.

Starting Point with the Jeep:

I picked the Jeep up from a collision shop without the bumper or damaged fender flare by working a deal with them on doing upgrades vs. replacing with OEM parts – so my starting point was a bit different than most will encounter.

Jeep Gladiator ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper Installation - First Impressions Capture.JPG

Note: In addition to the bumper I am chopping and installing the QUAKE DRL kit – so the following pictures intentionally show OEM LED with the bumper and the @QUAK DRL mod (@Mr Black ) – I wanted to see them side by side and personally prefer the chopped look!

Some pre-assembly was required to get the bumper ready for the jeep and I encountered some challenges (nothing too hard - and I would not at all call this a negative to the quality and fit of this bumper)

1. The first issue encountered were the hang tabs on the winch mounting tray:

Jeep Gladiator ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper Installation - First Impressions 4

Using a block of wood and a hammer I gently manipulated the hang tabs back to 90 degrees resulting in the holes lining up on both sides.

*do not tighten the bolt in the image until the bumper is in place it makes lining everything up easier!

2. The next issue I encountered was the bumper close out panels, bent sheet metal with cage nut holes on two flanges, the RH side lined up perfectly but the LH side holes did not match the bumper holes. I was also missing the complete number of cage nuts required. After careful inspection of the two panels the discrepant component was not bent to the same final angle as the one that fit well. I remedied this by clamping the flange between some wooden blocks in a vice and gently bent the flange maybe ~1degree more – it then lined up perfectly.
Jeep Gladiator ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper Installation - First Impressions 5

3. Finally mounting the bumper – the 8 attachment bolts have to go through 4 components before lining up with the nuts in the bumper itself. After a few attempts I suggest making sure everything you can access is loose so there is movement permitting the bolts to line up. (I will add pictures and more content when I take the bumper off again)

Note: Passenger side shows a temporary fit of the QUAKE DRL chop kit – not perfectly aligned yet. I will update this thread with more pictures of the final installation soon with final impressions.

Jeep Gladiator ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper Installation - First Impressions Capture2.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
Looks good. This one was on my list. Post more pics when you can.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I love the Bondi bumpers but the chopped fenders with a full width bumper is not my style. I wish they’d made fog light recesses in the stub version

OP
OP
JeepDadiator

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
@JK4AER I will post more pics soon! We got some snow that slowed me down and then I just broke down and ordered a winch - funny how fast these projects snowball. I just didn't want to have to take it apart again later to add the winch. @TheSolarWizard the chopped fender and full width wasn't my first choice for sure but my circumstances let me try it out for a reasonably inexpensive deal and I wanted the factory fogs. I'll run it like this for a while - not like I needed the clearance for those 33's but then maybe they go away next?

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2 X JL Rubs - JT Rub Gladiator.
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Due to some recent front end damage it was time to replace the OEM plastic Rubicon/LED fog light bumper with something more substantial. I had some criteria that a new bumper had to meet for my specific needs:
  • Retain or replace the OEM front skid plate, replacement had to be included and not an after -thought
  • Retain the OEM round LED FOG lights and include the necessary hardware
  • Winch ready, recessed preferred to retain air-flow
  • Full-width (for me, since it’s a daily driver/overland build) maximum protection and hopefully less impact to MPG
  • Comes finished/painted with a durable finish and reputation for quality
After careful consideration I decided the Bondi Deluxe met all of these criteria and fit my build the best. I have read some concerns regarding the weight of the bumper so while I was waiting for my Jeep to get back from the shop I took the opportunity to weigh the components – any listed weight on a website likely reflects all components so comparing a full solution (winch mounting plate, skid plate and bumper) will likely show the @ARB_USA skewed as heavy – its best to consider all components included:
  • Bumper alone: 68.8lbs (without end caps, hardware, fog lights, tow hooks, license plate mount)
  • Winch mounting plate: 20.2lbs (without hardware)
  • Skid Plate: 11lbs (without hardware)
  • Tow Hooks: XXlbs *will weigh and update as I have to take the bumper off again to add the winch*
  • Winch Cover Plate: 3.4lbs (without hardware)
What is included in the box?
Jeep Gladiator ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper Installation - First Impressions Capture2.JPG

Hardware bag contents:

I would later learn there were not enough cage nuts included – needed 10 only received 4.

Starting Point with the Jeep:

I picked the Jeep up from a collision shop without the bumper or damaged fender flare by working a deal with them on doing upgrades vs. replacing with OEM parts – so my starting point was a bit different than most will encounter.

Note: In addition to the bumper I am chopping and installing the QUAKE DRL kit – so the following pictures intentionally show OEM LED with the bumper and the @QUAK DRL mod (@Mr Black ) – I wanted to see them side by side and personally prefer the chopped look!

Some pre-assembly was required to get the bumper ready for the jeep and I encountered some challenges (nothing too hard - and I would not at all call this a negative to the quality and fit of this bumper)

1. The first issue encountered were the hang tabs on the winch mounting tray:

Using a block of wood and a hammer I gently manipulated the hang tabs back to 90 degrees resulting in the holes lining up on both sides.

*do not tighten the bolt in the image until the bumper is in place it makes lining everything up easier!

2. The next issue I encountered was the bumper close out panels, bent sheet metal with cage nut holes on two flanges, the RH side lined up perfectly but the LH side holes did not match the bumper holes. I was also missing the complete number of cage nuts required. After careful inspection of the two panels the discrepant component was not bent to the same final angle as the one that fit well. I remedied this by clamping the flange between some wooden blocks in a vice and gently bent the flange maybe ~1degree more – it then lined up perfectly.

3. Finally mounting the bumper – the 8 attachment bolts have to go through 4 components before lining up with the nuts in the bumper itself. After a few attempts I suggest making sure everything you can access is loose so there is movement permitting the bolts to line up. (I will add pictures and more content when I take the bumper off again)

Note: Passenger side shows a temporary fit of the QUAKE DRL chop kit – not perfectly aligned yet. I will update this thread with more pictures of the final installation soon with final impressions.

Looks great!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepDadiator

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
I made an update to the original post with the missing weight of the tow hooks and the final math on the weight. Sorry for the delay I decided to just do a winch at the same time. Writeup on that coming but I went with a Smittybilt XRC Gen3 Comp/Synthetic line winch. *I chose this winch because ARB indicates frame flange notching is required for WARN zeon winches... more on that in the coming winch write up!

Adding some final pictures and thoughts here:

1. ARB Bondi Deluxe with passenger side QUAKE DRL/Fender Chop showing comparison to Driver Side OEM Rubicon LED flare:

1611695328619_Picture5.jpg

2. Complete front end after QUAKE DRL/Fender Chop both side

1611695327143_FRONTBUMERFINAL.JPG
1611695329453_FrontBumperFinal2.jpg

Final thoughts:

1. The overall quality and finish of this bumper does not disappoint!

2. I did have some trouble lining up the mounting hardware but help from a friend and patience resulted in everything lining up.

3. The ARB skid plate does not come back as far as the OE skid plate and as such the Rubicon electronic sway bar disconnect motor is uncovered but above the plane of the skid plate so you would have to roll over a large rock for impact to occur.

4. Some hardware was missing from the ARB parts kit (M6 cage nuts) I ordered these from Amazon so no issue there.

5. The Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9.5k winch fits with no modifications required to jeep or bumper

Overall I am very happy with this bumper and would recommend it to anyone who is considering it.

OregonTrail

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Communications Tech
Thanks for your write up. This is the exact combination bumper-winch combo I've settled on.

I am a little concerned about the skid plate. Do you feel it's sufficient to protect the electronic sway bar disconnect?

OP
OP
JeepDadiator

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
I can snap some pictures for you. It is not exactly full coverage but I have not had any issues yet and have taken it on some rough terrain (elephant hill) while I still had 33s that skid has yet to be used. The underbelly ones however have been put to use!

OP
OP
JeepDadiator

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
I can snap some pictures for you. It is not exactly full coverage but I have not had any issues yet and have taken it on some rough terrain (elephant hill) while I still had 33s that skid has yet to be used. The underbelly ones however have been put to use!
IMG_20210531_163232.jpg

IMG_20210531_163125.jpg

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
Wonder how this bumper would interact with the Mojave slid plate?
Sponsored