First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Seriously can't stop looking at this. This is so cool. Not sure if this will work with my current ditch light mount or the need for an air compressor isn't a priority for me but if i had is i would find reasons to use it.
Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
I have them Off the website currently. I am not 100% satisfied with the whole process of the insert so I am exploring some design changes as well as a completely different idea that will be more versatile for everyone
good to know. I am interested in this for sure. This is a forgiveness not a permission situation here!! Install before the accountant notices HAHAHAHAHA

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
Think it’ll be loud in the cab, or are you only planning on using the air supply for tires?
everything is loud in the cab!! Plus if you are using it you aren't going to be inside the vehicle :)

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
everything is loud in the cab!! Plus if you are using it you aren't going to be inside the vehicle :)
I think most that worry about the noise in the cab may be using air lockers. Or it is raining :-D

OP
OP
Sav_Gladiator

Sav_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Another quick update. Ordered the air tank and extended power cables yesterday. Once I have these pieces here I can start laying out how I will be setting up the air hoses.

Viair 2 gallon tank- I was back and forth on this one and the ARB but, it came down to the cost. The Viair tank (Steel tank) was $86 for the two gallon while the ARB (Aluminum tank) 1 gallon was $178. With the difference in price, I was able to get the 2 gal Viair tank and the harness listed below for $213, plus shipping.
Jeep Gladiator ARB dual compressor rear seat install with 4XE air conversion cowl. Air-Tank-91022

Expedition Essentials ARB Twin Harness (I could have made this but I was having a hard time finding the wire connectors and I want a nice clean install). They also offer a 10% military discount which was nice.
Jeep Gladiator ARB dual compressor rear seat install with 4XE air conversion cowl. EE harness

This will be a dual air hose setup. One inside the cab and one in the cowl setup. The big thing for me for the cowl air setup is in case the weather isn't great and I need to use the air. I want an option where I do not need my door open to use the air and this cowl system fits what I am planning.

Someone might say "why not just use the cowl one for both?" Well, the parts I am ordering offer a spot on them to add an air coupler. So, I figured, why not use it to be honest.

More to come soon!

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Another quick update. Ordered the air tank and extended power cables yesterday. Once I have these pieces here I can start laying out how I will be setting up the air hoses.

Viair 2 gallon tank- I was back and forth on this one and the ARB but, it came down to the cost. The Viair tank (Steel tank) was $86 for the two gallon while the ARB (Aluminum tank) 1 gallon was $178. With the difference in price, I was able to get the 2 gal Viair tank and the harness listed below for $213, plus shipping.

Expedition Essentials ARB Twin Harness (I could have made this but I was having a hard time finding the wire connectors and I want a nice clean install). They also offer a 10% military discount which was nice.
I made my own just to clean it up.
putting this info here for someone that might want to make their own in the future.

3-Pin Metri-Pack 150 Series Connector

https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Metri-Pack-Connector-Sealed-Waterproof/dp/B07DZ2L4JK/

APTIV Metri-Pack 280 Series 5-Conductor 30Amp Connector w/10 12,14,16,18,20 AWG (5 Pin) Housing Sealed Set (14 16 GA) Brand: Aptiv (formerly Delphi)
https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Metri-Pack-5-Conductor-Connector-Housing/dp/B07P2CSY6P/

OP
OP
Sav_Gladiator

Sav_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I made my own just to clean it up.
putting this info here for someone that might want to make their own in the future.

Delphi Metri-Pack 150 Series 3-Way Connector w/16-18 AWG Sealed Waterproof Set
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMVDCJ8/

APTIV Metri-Pack 280 Series 5-Conductor 30Amp Connector w/10 12,14,16,18,20 AWG (5 Pin) Housing Sealed Set (14 16 GA) Brand: Aptiv (formerly Delphi)
https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Metri-Pack-5-Conductor-Connector-Housing/dp/B07P2CSY6P/
I needed those 2 days ago lol. Thank you for posting the information though. Hopefully it will help others out.

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
great idea. clean install. two thumbs up!

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I wish someone would come up with the cowl verion for a mojave. I would love to be able to do this.
I am working on some ideas that will be much more flexible so that there will be an air coupler and switch available. My goal is flexibility, cheaper-but-same-purpose and secure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sav_Gladiator

Sav_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have a delivery coming in tomorrow from @813 Fabrication & Design. To prepare for it's arrival I went ahead and removed the under seat storage. This is probably the easiest thing to remove in the Gladiator.

It took about 5 minutes to remove it, that included getting the tools, thinking to myself I need to cut my grass tomorrow, wondering what's for dinner, taking the screws out, removing it from the Gladiator, wondering what I am going to do with it now, and finally putting the storage piece in my garage to decide its fate later. Needless to say, it takes really no time at all.

To remove the under seat storage I used a ratchet, extension (really do not need this but it does give you room to work), and a T40 Torx bit. You simply remove 4 screws and it comes right out.

The jack and tire removal tools are also going. With my lift and tires they are pretty much useless now.

Jeep Gladiator ARB dual compressor rear seat install with 4XE air conversion cowl. under seat storage removal

Yup, needs a quick vacuum and some new floor mats.
Jeep Gladiator ARB dual compressor rear seat install with 4XE air conversion cowl. IMG_0529

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I have a delivery coming in tomorrow from @813 Fabrication & Design. To prepare for it's arrival I went ahead and removed the under seat storage. This is probably the easiest thing to remove in the Gladiator.

It took about 5 minutes to remove it, that included getting the tools, thinking to myself I need to cut my grass tomorrow, wondering what's for dinner, taking the screws out, removing it from the Gladiator, wondering what I am going to do with it now, and finally putting the storage piece in my garage to decide its fate later. Needless to say, it takes really no time at all.

To remove the under seat storage I used a ratchet, extension (really do not need this but it does give you room to work), and a T40 Torx bit. You simply remove 4 screws and it comes right out.

The jack and tire removal tools are also going. With my lift and tires they are pretty much useless now.

Jeep Gladiator ARB dual compressor rear seat install with 4XE air conversion cowl. IMG_0529

Yup, needs a quick vacuum and some new floor mats.
Haha, love the "thought bubbles" of "what will I do..." :-D
Sponsored