ARB stubby bumper

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I’m new to the gladiator scene and I’m in the process of setting up my 2020 JTR 6spd in stingray. So far I have installed the teraflex 1.5” and daystar 3/4” spacers, had 315/70 KO2 mounted and installed the ARB stubby on the front end.
For the install I was worried about the front bash plate not fitting without some trimming but, it cleared the bottom of the ARB bumper just fine. The bumper looks a little empty since the mounting point for the winch is a large cavern in the middle but it works until I can purchase a winch.
All in all I’m pretty stoked about the truck. I’m coming from a Nissan Frontier and the aftermarket options for the jt is insane compared to the frontier.
As for the rest of the build I’m not looking at adding too much more. The winch and some fog or driving lights are about the extent of my plans, the jt stock is leaps and bounds ahead of its peers.
Jeep Gladiator ARB stubby bumper 02A5D46D-6243-41A4-8875-EAFA59ACAD08
Sponsored

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
How is the camera view with the top hoop?

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the camera view with the top hoop?
The hoop basically blocks the center of the camera. Not great but it’s still allows you to see what’s below the hood line.

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Planner
OK thanks. Any chance you could grab a picture sometime?

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shot from the trail cam
Jeep Gladiator ARB stubby bumper D0B3C973-A208-4988-BC3D-42A160B42F54

the bar does block the center but, it is what it is.

Sponsored

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Planner
Thanks! I'll be looking for something without the upper bar when I get a winch.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’m new to the gladiator scene and I’m in the process of setting up my 2020 JTR 6spd in stingray. So far I have installed the teraflex 1.5” and daystar 3/4” spacers, had 315/70 KO2 mounted and installed the ARB stubby on the front end.
For the install I was worried about the front bash plate not fitting without some trimming but, it cleared the bottom of the ARB bumper just fine. The bumper looks a little empty since the mounting point for the winch is a large cavern in the middle but it works until I can purchase a winch.
All in all I’m pretty stoked about the truck. I’m coming from a Nissan Frontier and the aftermarket options for the jt is insane compared to the frontier.
As for the rest of the build I’m not looking at adding too much more. The winch and some fog or driving lights are about the extent of my plans, the jt stock is leaps and bounds ahead of its peers.
Jeep Gladiator ARB stubby bumper D0B3C973-A208-4988-BC3D-42A160B42F54
could I trouble you for a side photo? I have a small garage and I need a bumper that doesn’t add too much length in order to fit. A lot of the override bars seem to lean out forward a ways but this seems more upright.

Maybe even measure from the grill out to the front edge of the bumper?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
If we're adding picture requests, can I trouble you to take a lower shot that shows the fitament of the bash plate?

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If we're adding picture requests, can I trouble you to take a lower shot that shows the fitament of the bash plate?
The bash plate fits perfect actually. The instructions are for the jl which had a different bash plate for the rubicons. I can get you a shot though.

Sponsored

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thank you. Looks like ARB is for me
yeah it’s great,

It was between the stubby and the standard width for me but, ultimately the stubby won due to the wings and how the gap on the rubicon fenders was a bit too large for my liking. I had an arb on my old wk2 grand Cherokee and like it. Now I’m just waiting on the old man emu lift to come out.

Last edited:

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don't usually ask these types of questions, I like to find information for myself. However, I can't seem to find out what I want to know. My q question is does anyone have an idea how much the front plastic bumper weights on the JTR? I am trying to make comparisons for a new bumper. Thanks and sorry for all the front matter.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Shot from the trail cam
Jeep Gladiator ARB stubby bumper ECDFE9F3-0215-45B4-B968-98FDD8F71B40

the bar does block the center but, it is what it is.
This is the main reason why I’ve removed ARB bumpers from consideration....they all come with integrated hoops. Which is a shame, I like them otherwise.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I don't usually ask these types of questions, I like to find information for myself. However, I can't seem to find out what I want to know. My q question is does anyone have an idea how much the front plastic bumper weights on the JTR? I am trying to make comparisons for a new bumper. Thanks and sorry for all the front matter.
Super light... 35, maybe 40 lbs with hooks and fogs? It was minimal effort to install myself.

edit... found a thread on the JL side that said 36 lbs.
Sponsored

Reactions: Len