ARB Twin Setups.. I need ideas!!

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have installed my twin behind the rear seat with the 813 kit.. Everything is wired up and working. So far so good. But now I am wanting to run a tank and need a place for the hose connection.

I don't want the hose connection under the hood. Same reason I didn't put the compressor there. Open to the elements, heat and having to open the hood every time I need to use it.
I am wanting the tank under the Jeep. Out of site out of mind. It will also dissapate the heat from the compressor to the connection and I can add a filter and separator if needed.

Anyone have any good setups like this and how they did it?

P.S. I tried a search to no avail! ;)

TIA

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin Setups.. I need ideas!! 20210327_172923
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I have installed my twin behind the rear seat with the 813 kit.. Everything is wired up and working. So far so good. But now I am wanting to run a tank and need a place for the hose connection.

I don't want the hose connection under the hood. Same reason I didn't put the compressor there. Open to the elements, heat and having to open the hood every time I need to use it.
I am wanting the tank under the Jeep. Out of site out of mind. It will also dissapate the heat from the compressor to the connection and I can add a filter and separator if needed.

Anyone have any good setups like this and how they did it?

P.S. I tried a search to no avail! ;)

TIA

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin Setups.. I need ideas!! 20210327_172923
*** Edit - Not sure what happened to this post. It was missing some of my text! Fixed.

Maximus-3 makes a cradle mount for underneath the bed. There is a thread on this on here. It can hold a tank and two VIAR compressors. My only concern was apparently some have noted long term expansion/contraction issues of the metal the air tank is made from. Apparently it’s awfully close to the mufflers high heat and even with a deflector some felt it was a dangerous situation long term. Here is a link to the air cradle:

https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-jt-air-cradle

Last edited:

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I’m in the same boat. Was planning on putting the compressor in the cab, most likely with this mount and then running a splitter. One line near the interior of the door to air up and the other line somewhere to a tank to power air horns. I just can’t decide on where to put the tank and which one. I like the arb tank because it’s so small but still not sure where to mount it.
How the noise in cab when running the compressor?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in the same boat. Was planning on putting the compressor in the cab, most likely with this mount and then running a splitter. One line near the interior of the door to air up and the other line somewhere to a tank to power air horns. I just can’t decide on where to put the tank and which one. I like the arb tank because it’s so small but still not sure where to mount it.
Why do people install air horns? I can’t think of a good reason why anyone would spend the money on that. To each their own on their Jeep... but obnoxious air horns? Some states it’s not even legal.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Why do people install air horns? I can’t think of a good reason why anyone would spend the money on that. To each their own on their Jeep... but obnoxious air horns? Some states it’s not even legal.
Sometimes you just need to make a point...

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a guy this weekend with a half rack installed on the bed and he had a 3-horn setup on top of the rack and (obviously) pointed forward... I saw it and I said what happens when you use it??? He looked at me like I was the idiot for questioning the air horn directly positioned behind his head. 🤨🤨

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I saw a guy this weekend with a half rack installed on the bed and he had a 3-horn setup on top of the rack and (obviously) pointed forward... I saw it and I said what happens when you use it??? He looked at me like I was the idiot for questioning the air horn directly positioned behind his head. 🤨🤨
That’s a bit over to the top. I’m more thinking of the novelty for my kids/nephews. Finale line of defense if I’m stuck in the woods, being able to alert people where I am. Scaring of bears when camping. Scaring the shit out of some dumbass Karen in her oversized suv or bro in his scubby.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SubiRubi

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Well right now it's rather noisy since I don't have an air line hooked up yet.. lol But I figure the only time it's going to be running is if I'm airing up and I'll be outside for that anyway..

I've decided to wait on the tank and just run a steel braided line across the back seat and put a quick connect beside the seat.. Maybe later I'll add on to it with a T..

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Well right now it's rather noisy since I don't have an air line hooked up yet.. lol But I figure the only time it's going to be running is if I'm airing up and I'll be outside for that anyway..

I've decided to wait on the tank and just run a steel braided line across the back seat and put a quick connect beside the seat.. Maybe later I'll add on to it with a T..
We have a few solutions that might help with a setup for the switch and air coupler. Have you seen those on the website? I was doing some testing with the ViAir small tank in our Under Seat Storage Bin to see if it would fit. I think it did but will need to check again to make sure. Not sure if that is something you would be interested in. The Full MOLLE Front model of the Bin has air coupler and rocker switch holes. But, I would think you could fit the air tank under the seat unless you have the Mopar locking box.

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport; 2011 & 2012 Unlimited Jeeps
Occupation
Govt
Just jumping into this conversation, as I am researching an air compressor too.

My JT is running 37's, so I have been researching twin compressor to speed up the process.

Kleinn Products has developed an air compressor and doing Beta testing for a Jeep Gladiator 2020-2021 – Onboard Air™ Systems & Train Horn:

https://kleinn.com/1new-product-development-2/

I am not going to be a beta-tester, but I thought I'd share for anyone interested

For locations, here are my thoughts:
- I do not have a raised hood on my JT, but if I go the under the hood route, is it needed for air flow?

- I have thought about under the back seat, but I also wonder about air flow, getting too hot, enough PSI for 37s and the noise factor in a closed area.

- Putting it under the bed and using one of my light switches to power it on/off. I can always get a custom place to make me a plug-in jack somewhere.

- Get a vented lockable steel box and bolt to inside the bed, out of sight and it wouldn't take much room; plenty of air floor and noise dampening.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Just jumping into this conversation, as I am researching an air compressor too.

My JT is running 37's, so I have been researching twin compressor to speed up the process.

Kleinn Products has developed an air compressor and doing Beta testing for a Jeep Gladiator 2020-2021 – Onboard Air™ Systems & Train Horn:

https://kleinn.com/1new-product-development-2/

I am not going to be a beta-tester, but I thought I'd share for anyone interested

For locations, here are my thoughts:
- I do not have a raised hood on my JT, but if I go the under the hood route, is it needed for air flow?

- I have thought about under the back seat, but I also wonder about air flow, getting too hot, enough PSI for 37s and the noise factor in a closed area.

- Putting it under the bed and using one of my light switches to power it on/off. I can always get a custom place to make me a plug-in jack somewhere.

- Get a vented lockable steel box and bolt to inside the bed, out of sight and it wouldn't take much room; plenty of air floor and noise dampening.
We have a few solutions. We offer a bolt-in aluminum enclosure for the bed that may be something that would work well for you. Plenty of ventilation, 15 rocker switch locations and 3 air coupler locations along with four 30mm holes for 12V accessories. Under the bed you would need a custom bracket, I don't know of one on the market yet but have seen a few mount them under. I think under the bed is going to be one of the most harsh areas to mount one. There are a couple solutions out there for under the rear seat. What we offer is the full Under Seat Storage Bin. The Full MOLLE version has plenty of ventilation and also have air coupler / rocker switch locations on each side of the Bin. Plus, the has seat brackets to secure the lower parts of the seat to the Bin. Our Behind the Seat mount is the most hidden/out of the way mount. It is best to drop the rear seat back when using it for good ventilation, but it works well and you can lock the rear seats. Our Under the Hood mount sits higher than the others on the market but all will be exposed to heat. The benefit of our mounts is that they are all aluminum and simple to install. The hardest part of any install using our mounts is the wiring of the compressor. Installing the compressor and mount only take 5-20 minutes for all that we offer.

Take a look and let me know what questions you might have.

https://www.813fabrication.com/prod...-enclosure-for-arb-single-or-twin-compressors

BSC-0000-1-4.jpg

Behind-Seat-Installed-2.jpg

IMG_5809.JPG

IMG_5752.JPG

option-1-d.jpg

compressors.jpg
Sponsored