Are "notifications" inop?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Haven't received any notifications since Friday, I see a number of threads that have updated.
Sponsored

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
No in the alert system on the site.

For instance I didn't get a notification that you posted this response yesterday.
Appears to be working fine to me. For example, I received an alert notifying that you had quoted my post in this thread.

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Appears to be working fine to me. For example, I received an alert notifying that you had quoted my post in this thread.
I got a notification that the thread had been moved, and that you had posted in it. I don't know.

Sponsored

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Good to hear. One thing to be aware of - if you don’t visit a thread after being alerted of a new reply, it won’t send you another alert regarding new replies in that thread until you have read the thread again.

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Good to hear. One thing to be aware of - if you don’t visit a thread after being alerted of a new reply, it won’t send you another alert regarding new replies in that thread until you have read the thread again.
See I didn't get an alert of this post, are you saying if I'm the last poster in a thread that it won't send alerts of subsequent posts?

That doesn't sound right. Edit, no that isn't what you are saying, duh.

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Are you "Watching" (subscribed) to this thread via the "Watch Thread" tool at the top of this thread? Users are not automatically subscribed to a thread just because they created the thread.

So, if you're not subscribed to / watching this thread, the only way you'd be alerted as to a response in this thread is if I quoted you.

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Are you "Watching" (subscribed) to this thread via the "Watch Thread" tool at the top of this thread? Users are not automatically subscribed to a thread just because they created the thread.

So, if you're not subscribed to / watching this thread, the only way you'd be alerted as to a response in this thread is if I quoted you.
And there is the problem, I thought the opposite, thanks
Sponsored