Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I saw a picture on the Rebel Off-road SEMA build page, and want to know if I am really seeing Rubi rails holding the truck... are they really that strong? Has anybody used a high lift on them? How well do they protect off-road? Worth it to swap out my Overland steps for Rubi rails?

Here is their pic for reference...

Jeep Gladiator Are Rubicon rails really this strong? 1596589115286
Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
My thought. If they were not able to support the weight of the chassis they probably wouldn’t work at all. Sort of a requirement I would think for a rock slider.

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
My thought. If they were not able to support the weight of the chassis they probably wouldn’t work at all. Sort of a requirement I would think for a rock slider.
But do they deflect? Factory parts are usually weaker, right?

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
But do they deflect? Factory parts are usually weaker, right?
Well on that I could not comment. But they certainly look like they may have that ability given the angle and that they don’t seem to cave under the chassis weight. But again, no real world experience with them myself.

oh for the book, I would prefer my slider to protrude a bit further from the body they are attempting to protect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I went with the Rubicon sliders today...

Can anyone answer/post a pic of these being used as a jacking point? Any action shots of these being dragged on a rock?

Jeep Gladiator Are Rubicon rails really this strong? 5A5D3E7E-971E-494D-810F-AF3F844C8BAA

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I have definitely dragged them across a few rocks, but with little initial impact, and they were fine. I have mixed feelings about them being wide enough, if they stuck out more they would deflect at better angles and protect a bit more but......if they stuck out more, they would catch more often.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a picture on the Rebel Off-road SEMA build page, and want to know if I am really seeing Rubi rails holding the truck... are they really that strong? Has anybody used a high lift on them? How well do they protect off-road? Worth it to swap out my Overland steps for Rubi rails?

Jeep Gladiator Are Rubicon rails really this strong? 5A5D3E7E-971E-494D-810F-AF3F844C8BAA
Haha! Side note: anyone notice the 8 lug 1-tons , and factory 5 lug spare? Regardless, sick build, who's truck is this?

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I have dropped my JT on large rocks on black and red rock covered trails at Rausch Creek hard on the rock rail with just scratches as a result. They seem very solid to me. I would have caved in the pinch weld without them.
Now to use them for lifting the entire truck up in the air? I would recommend using the frame rail and not the rock rail. But for jacking one corner of the truck on the trail for a repair they will work just fine.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi Rails are solid rock rails, as good as most you can buy. I had the Hardrock Rubi Rails on my 2010 JKU and they took their share of beating and I'd hit them with a rattle can of bedliner and they were good to go. Also you can absolutely use them as jacking points as well. I wouldn't have them on mine if they were crap, not all OEM parts are garbage, people just want a excuse to replace them

Jeep Gladiator Are Rubicon rails really this strong? PXL_20200913_173326147

Sponsored

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I have dropped my JT on large rocks on black and red rock covered trails at Rausch Creek hard on the rock rail with just scratches as a result. They seem very solid to me. I would have caved in the pinch weld without them.

Thanks! I was actually watching a show on Prime, 4lo... something, and they had a couple JK Rubicons that were holding up well. Also, the JK that Diezel runs in Kingdom Krawl looks to have the stock rails.

Haha! Side note: anyone notice the 8 lug 1-tons , and factory 5 lug spare? Regardless, sick build, who's truck is this?

That is one of Rebel Offroads rigs

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Factory rails being strong is my expectation. Jeep knows how to build rock sliders.

The H2 rails were explicitly strong enough to be a jacking point. I once had occasion to slide 20 ft down a tree trunk (by accident) with driver side tires off the ground, no problems. Well, other than some dents in the center caps.

Jackdforme

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT High Altitude
I went with the Rubicon sliders today...

Can anyone answer/post a pic of these being used as a jacking point? Any action shots of these being dragged on a rock?

Can I ask. Are you happy with the swap to the rails? Any problem getting in? I have a high altitude and the running boards are killing me.

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Can I ask. Are you happy with the swap to the rails? Any problem getting in? I have a high altitude and the running boards are killing me.
No problems getting in at all. I really like them better that other options, as they follow the curve of the cab where most aftermarket ones are straight, and look poorly designed/or for another truck.

My only complaint is that they do allow splash from tires down the sides of the truck, so truck is dirty more. Something that I’ve been thinking of to improve them, is getting a second set to weld onto this set as nerf bars.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I just cant get past the roided out axle! That thing looks insane.
Sponsored