Sponsored

Are you feeling anxious from watching too much "news"?

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
  • Banned
Riots, racial strife and the constant reporting of new covid19 deaths? Turn off your TV and look around you. The sky isn't falling, most people don't care what color you are, most people are decent including police.

Realize that these giant corporations that bring you the "news" have a financial stake in the outcome of the November election. The news won't get better until they get the outcome they want.

Realize that these news conglomerates pull out their microscope and focus on stories that will garner racial division during an election when they fear low voter turnout. Fear is their biggest asset.

Turn off your TV, cancel your cable and go enjoy life. Don't let media and entertainment gaslight your mind.
Sponsored

Aleraaler23

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RV and Ford
Occupation
web designer, writer
I've thought only I have such a problem. Sometimes I have oversaturation with news. It seems like I have a limit of news in my head. But without news the life will be strange too.

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I turned off the news about April this year, and have been reading books at night instead. I'm averaging about 1 book per week, and I enjoy it far more than the TV news. Even now, as the presidential debate is on TV, I am on my computer posting this instead.

It doesn't pay to watch the news, because you can't believe what they say anyway. There are no more journalist. The mainstream news is the propaganda arm of the democrat party, and nothing more.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It doesn't pay to watch the news, because you can't believe what they say anyway. There are no more journalist. The mainstream news is the propaganda arm of the democrat party, and nothing more.
True, but let us not start a political flame war. Stick to Jeeps.

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Watching the App St vs. ARK St game on ESPN. NOT the debate. Done with news and politics.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Man bites dog sells, Yellow journalism has been around forever started a few wars. But generating hysteria is a proven money making platform.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
What news? I didn't subscribe to any news channel when I ordered my cable package.

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
  • Banned
What news? I didn't subscribe to any news channel when I ordered my cable package.

Assuming you watch the major network channels you're still getting the networks view of the world through their eyes and with their bias. It seeps out into comedy shows, sitcoms and dramas and in between those shows major corporations buy commercial time to tell you how important these issues are to their brand. They are signaling to you that they are virtuous and worth doing business with because they believe in certain ideas.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm anxious for y'all….we have our fair share of political and racial tensions here, but definitely not to the extent down south...I just hope at the end tensions will ease, race inequality will better, and the damn COVID fiasco will subside so I can wheel in the trails you guys have, lol

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Television programing, programing, programing... is social engineering.

"The News" is straight up propaganda ministry.

Operation Mockingbird

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm anxious for y'all….we have our fair share of political and racial tensions here, but definitely not to the extent down south...I just hope at the end tensions will ease, race inequality will better, and the damn COVID fiasco will subside so I can wheel in the trails you guys have, lol
I hope the chaos ends too but its not up to us and frankly there is no chaos in my bubble of middle America. Its a big psy-op
Sponsored