First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
That the new M4 competition is ~4,000lb. That is inexcusable for a M car.

“The M4C is our halo car.”
“We have an answer to the 911. It’s the M4C”

These are things that have left the mouth of M division senior brass. I knew when M hired the former head of Quattro, 2 things would happen 1- bmw would get better awd systems. 2- the cars would get heavier. Both have happened. The M2 has (so far) kept the weight down (ish 3400-3500ish) but has failed to deliver on track.

There is a reason a base 911s can beat a ZL1 in a drag race: weight.

E36/46 weight: ~3200lb
E92/F80 weight: ~3500-3600lb
New M4: ~3900-4000lb

If I was the head of BMW, I would haul M division head into my office. “So let me get this straight. The F82 M4C lost around the racetrack to the Mustang GT pp2, the Camaro SS 1LE, and the 911S. And you added 4-500lbs of weight? You’re fired.”

Its ridiculous. And im offended.
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Demand a public apology.

But I agree for the most part. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to find a true sports car. Light weight, direct handling, smooth revving, manual transmission vehicles are being replaced by heavy, computer aided, fast autos. Granted these modern cars are faster but I'll take the enjoyment of rowing a gear over .2 seconds of 1/4 time.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Demand a public apology.

But I agree for the most part. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to find a true sports car. Light weight, direct handling, smooth revving, manual transmission vehicles are being replaced by heavy, computer aided, fast autos. Granted these modern cars are faster but I'll take the enjoyment of rowing a gear over .2 seconds of 1/4 time.
Its true. Your options are 150k for a 911 GT3 or a miata you dont fit in or a BRZ with less power than my kid’s electric skateboard. (In before the “it’s a momentum car!” Crowd. Barf.)

Crazy to think that the Camaro and Mustang are more of a drivers car than a m3.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
That the new M4 competition is ~4,000lb. That is inexcusable for a M car.

“The M4C is our halo car.”
“We have an answer to the 911. It’s the M4C”

These are things that have left the mouth of M division senior brass. I knew when M hired the former head of Quattro, 2 things would happen 1- bmw would get better awd systems. 2- the cars would get heavier. Both have happened. The M2 has (so far) kept the weight down (ish 3400-3500ish) but has failed to deliver on track.

There is a reason a base 911s can beat a ZL1 in a drag race: weight.

E36/46 weight: ~3200lb
E92/F80 weight: ~3500-3600lb
New M4: ~3900-4000lb

If I was the head of BMW, I would haul M division head into my office. “So let me get this straight. The F82 M4C lost around the racetrack to the Mustang GT pp2, the Camaro SS 1LE, and the 911S. And you added 4-500lbs of weight? You’re fired.”

Its ridiculous. And im offended.
My E46 M3 is the best car I've ever had. ///M Division lost its way after that car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
My E46 M3 is the best car I've ever had. ///M Division lost its way after that car.
I love the E46. Was looking at one near me. It’s got 150k on it but its show room mint, un crashed, and all stock. Debating getting it for a song and just freshening the head and adding some of Dr Schrick’s finest. Give it a solid overhaul tip to tail and drive the hell out of it.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love the E46. Was looking at one near me. It’s got 150k on it but its show room mint, un crashed, and all stock. Debating getting it for a song and just freshening the head and adding some of Dr Schrick’s finest. Give it a solid overhaul tip to tail and drive the hell out of it.
What year? SMG?

87944turbo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
The alpha platform Camaro is a great car, but yes, M lost it's way a long time ago. And I don't really care what you do to it, you can't overcome physics.

I didn't like what is being offered, so I just built what I wanted. A 2800lb car with 400HP to the rear wheels. Sure, it may be a 34 year old death trap, but I love it.

Jeep Gladiator As a sports car enthusiast, I am offended 951

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manual. ‘06
Go for it brother. That was the last year and all the kinks were worked out. I only ever had the SMG pump go bad on mine and that was my fault. Solid solid car.

Sponsored

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The alpha platform Camaro is a great car, but yes, M lost it's way a long time ago. And I don't really care what you do to it, you can't overcome physics.

I didn't like what is being offered, so I just built what I wanted. A 2800lb car with 400HP to the rear wheels. Sure, it may be a 34 year old death trap, but I love it.

Jeep Gladiator As a sports car enthusiast, I am offended 951
You gotta love Purpose built! Nice Power to weight ratio. A death trap makes you a better driver.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Go for it brother. That was the last year and all the kinks were worked out. I only ever had the SMG pump go bad on mine and that was my fault. Solid solid car.
Im really tempted to. Id change every drop of every fluid, freshen the head and drop in a set of schricks, clutch/lw fly, centri blower, new radiator, water pump, oil pump, all new suspension bushings and coil overs and drive the day lights out of it.

They are great cars.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Im really tempted to. Id change every drop of every fluid, freshen the head and drop in a set of schricks, clutch/lw fly, centri blower, new radiator, water pump, oil pump, all new suspension bushings and coil overs and drive the day lights out of it.

They are great cars.
Don't forget to check the RTABS. [Rear Trail arm bushings]
And the subframe just to be sure.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Don't forget to check the RTABS. [Rear Trail arm bushings]
And the subframe just to be sure.
Also in the running is a 98 e36 from the original owner....
Sponsored