Sponsored

At least Gladiator ordering hasn’t gotten this ridiculous

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
The new Corvette looks amazing (and cheaper than some Gladiators!). But Chevy is certainly pulling out all the stops for the options sheet.

https://jalopnik.com/you-can-customize-your-c8-corvettes-vin-for-5-000-1836659212

Apparently, buyers will be able to customize the last five digits of the 17-digit VIN when they buy the car from the factory, according to CarsDirect, citing a Chevrolet order guide. The option will cost $5,000, which works out to $1,000 a digit, a General Motors spokesperson confirmed to the outlet.
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
They offer it because some Corvette people are even more fanatical than Jeep people believe it or not. C8 is looking mighty impressive BTW.... I'm doubling down on my lottery play so I can buy a Gladiator and a C8. .... Sell the C5 I guess. :)

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I can only imagine what the “Adjusted Market Value” mark up will be.

It would not surprise me if we see $25-30K markups when they hit the lot.

I remember when Porsche released their limited Carrera GT which was based on the design they were going to campaign at the 24 Hours of Lemans and our local dealer slapped a $100K upcharge on it...keep in mind the sticker was already $440K..//

Chukronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
My dealer told me they will sell to me at msrp. Told me they already had 200 reservations since the weekend. I’m leaning towards getting both the c8 and rubicon gladiator. Wife is seeming to come around to the idea.

Phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
The Dodge Demons had ridiculous mark ups as well.

A few people bought them and tried to sell for $50k-100k over msrp. Granted it's a limited produced car...but come on!

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Unless this option has gone away for $5000 large you can build your own Corvette engine, IIRC only applies to the Z06 engine but may have been expanded to the ZR1 engine...dunno.

You best buy is to option the Museum Delivery. Well worth it. AND it gives you a chance to break in your engine properly. When I did it I drove from Bowling Green down to Miami.

While the serial number option is appealing not sure it commands $5k large.

Who knows if I will ever buy another one, just not sure I could get my worth of it and it would def be a 3rd or even 4th car, now my needs for the past 10 years have been Superduty truckS and on 14 AUG I place my order for an F 450.

I do think that there are some Italian car companies that are going to get spanked by the new kid in town...

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I can only imagine what the “Adjusted Market Value” mark up will be.

It would not surprise me if we see $25-30K markups when they hit the lot.

I remember when Porsche released their limited Carrera GT which was based on the design they were going to campaign at the 24 Hours of Lemans and our local dealer slapped a $100K upcharge on it...keep in mind the sticker was already $440K..//
I'm not a Corvette fan. I appreciate the price point and the performance that comes with it, but wouldn't own one. This is a very interesting generation and I'm excited to see how it performs and the different trim levels.

These aren't limited builds and dealers are consistently offering them at MSRP. GM has indicated the response rate has been very positive. Looking forward to seeing them in-person.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm not a Corvette fan. I appreciate the price point and the performance that comes with it, but wouldn't own one. This is a very interesting generation and I'm excited to see how it performs and the different trim levels.

These aren't limited builds and dealers are consistently offering them at MSRP. GM has indicated the response rate has been very positive. Looking forward to seeing them in-person.
You know as well as I the benefit of a mid engine layout...back in about 2006 when Porsche first came out with the Cayman I said that they out to just slap a 3.8 flat six in the back, take some of the goodies from the GT3 and call it a GT4...Guys on Rennlist said that it would never happen and as you know it is one of the best performing cars you can get, Period.
I had an opportunity to coach a guy with his new GT4 after he traded in his 911 that I had worked with in the past. His performance level went through the roof once he understood the improved balance of a mid engine sports car.

I’m thinking that Chevrolet, with their experience in building race cars for LeMans etc. will really up the ante....

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I looked at the C8 before it came out and said I love my C7. Now that it is out I feel the need, the need for speed! Wrapped in a beautiful new C8. But first things first, waiting on my SG Gladiator. Maybe this time next year I'll get serious about a C8. Give them a chance to work out any bugs in all the new designs.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
You know as well as I the benefit of a mid engine layout...back in about 2006 when Porsche first came out with the Cayman I said that they out to just slap a 3.8 flat six in the back, take some of the goodies from the GT3 and call it a GT4...Guys on Rennlist said that it would never happen and as you know it is one of the best performing cars you can get, Period.
I had an opportunity to coach a guy with his new GT4 after he traded in his 911 that I had worked with in the past. His performance level went through the roof once he understood the improved balance of a mid engine sports car.

I’m thinking that Chevrolet, with their experience in building race cars for LeMans etc. will really up the ante....
I'm in agreement for sure. I love the GT4. And the C8 will likely be an incredible performer. Very excited about the Z06 trim. Should be insane performance for the money.

It's fascinating thinking back to the first ZR1 when everyone was trashing a Corvette at $100k. Now everyone is suddenly in awe that you can get this performance at $60k and I suspect a lot of builds will creep close to 6 figures.

I still think the lines are too busy and the interior isn't my thing. But it will absolutely destroy the C7 for sure.
Sponsored