Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Bad News:
I have a Yakima Off Grid (medium) roof rack mounted on rails on my ARE Shell. It's been mounted there for over a year, yet some asshole climbed up on the hood, walked to the roof and pried on the rails trying to get it loose succeeding in only breaking one corner loose before abandoning his efforts, I have posted before that no one seems to want to try stealing from my Gladiator because of the Atticus (see below), but then he is not always in the vehicle and with shopping and errands, the Jeep is in constant use.

Good News:
I called Rack Attack in Pasadena and spoke to their repairman who said bring it by. I did and he fixed it in 15 minutes and there was no charge. He said it appeared the fool was prying with a screwdriver to get the Aluminum and not necessarily the rack itself but could not defeat the locking towers. I was impressed that with all the prying he did he was only able to get one corner loose which speaks well for Yakima. It also speaks well for Rack Attack and I recommend them heartily.
Jeep Gladiator Attempt Theft of Roof Rack Atti Jeep 1
Sponsored