First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKHR 2016
Occupation
IT
I'm currently a JKHR owner and may be trading in for a JT Rubicon or Mojavi. I also have a 2023 Can Am Outlander 850 Max XTP on the way. Should arrive any day now. I think the newer Outlander Max is a bit wider. 48" vs 46"ish, than DAVECS1'S. I think the 2019 (non max) may be 48" and that seems to have fit.

Just wondering if anyone knows of issues fitting a newer 48" Outlander Max into the bed. I've seen a post where loading the Max they bent in the wheel wells. I think it was a really rough load, but just wondering how strong these wheel wells are if you need to drive over them to get the front tires up.

Any issues showing up on the gate from the trips/loading? Are you using support bars on the gate or just the factory cable to support the weight.

Also if anyone has any good suggestions for the ramps they use on the Gladiator?

All of this will help determine if I trade in, or just get a trailer.

Cheers All!
G

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Huh, I did not know they changed the width. I just picked up a 2018 for my daughter.

At any rate I hauled mine around alot. I never had tailgate issues and let me tell you there were a couple pants cleaning moments I thought it was surely gone. Never even a wrinkle, they made thise straps pretty strong.

I had just a standard aluminum fold up ramp. Ain't gonna lie it was a bit sketch with a lift. Fine line between popping a wheelie and coming into the bed under control. Mine was tight on the wheel wells so if it is wider that will not work without some sort of support over the wells

WilliG

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKHR 2016
Occupation
IT
Hi DAVECS2 - Thanks for the reply. Looks like the width changed by 2" in 2019 so I think you're still fine with the 2018 as well. All other key dimensions remain the same.

What lift do you have?

If I go this route, I may put in a hook to connect the winch and use that to pull it in to help ensure I don't kill myself or the Gladiator LOL! Especially if I need to go over the wheel wells. That little spurt may be a bit too sketch for me with the back wheels still on the ramp.

Now getting it back out and over the wells may be another scary part. LOL! Just keep it straight!! ;-)

OP
OP
Jobofly

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
This was my post, it was a 2019 can am 850 and as you can see if fit between the wheel wells.

WilliG

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKHR 2016
Occupation
IT
Hi Jobofly - Thanks for confirming. This is what confused me a bit. I'm wondering if it's actually just the fender flares that are adding the 2" (1" per side over the wheel) and the wheels themselves are closer to 46". I thought that maybe the MAX was 2" wider, but specs seem to show both with the same width. Wouldn't be the first time manufactures specs were listed incorrectly, so I thought I'd try to verify. I'll just take my Outlander to the Jeep dealership and tell them..."If it fits, I'll buy it." LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobofly

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
Hi Jobofly - Thanks for confirming. This is what confused me a bit. I'm wondering if it's actually just the fender flares that are adding the 2" (1" per side over the wheel) and the wheels themselves are closer to 46". I thought that maybe the MAX was 2" wider, but specs seem to show both with the same width. Wouldn't be the first time manufactures specs were listed incorrectly, so I thought I'd try to verify. I'll just take my Outlander to the Jeep dealership and tell them..."If it fits, I'll buy it." LOL
haha awesome man. Post a photo when you bring her home

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I'll stick with trailering mine, I'm not sure my 4wheeler would fit in JT bed as well. Well my old one would. :like: it's damn near the size of my LJ.:giggle:
Jeep Gladiator ATV (2019 Can Am 850 Outlander) fits in Gladiator bed 20230125_173838
Sponsored