Atv in gladiator bed

Kc40

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
So I put my Polaris 850 in the bed of my gladiator. The tires are stock but says can hold up to 2200 lbs at 44psi. The tires on the keep where still a little wide on the pavement. Should I be ok or get a different tire grade? I know people are going to say get a trailer but it’s easier throwing it in the back of the keep.
The Atv is roughly 800lbs
Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed 85226FF5-CE84-4A37-AABA-697B1AC9628F

Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed B62B9356-EB9B-43EA-B79E-735A431EEF75
Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
That’s 800lbs dry right? With passenger and other gear you’re likely close to the limit. I don’t think the tires are your biggest limiting factor but from the rough math they should work.

How far would you be driving and what road conditions?

OP
OP
Kc40

Kc40

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
That’s 800lbs dry right? With passenger and other gear you’re likely close to the limit. I don’t think the tires are your biggest limiting factor but from the rough math they should work.

How far would you be driving and what road conditions?
800 dry yes. I mean I’d like to drive roughly 2 to 3 hours. Mostly pavement to get to the trails. I drove 45 min with it in the back and I was worried about the tires mostly. But It did good. I just don’t want anything to happen and asking to make sure I’m doing things right.
If I make the drive up north that’s 2 to 3 hours it’s mountains mostly.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I've done a few trips this year with tile and flooring that I was probably at or over the limit with no issues, I just slowed down to give plenty of reaction time. A couple trips were with a pallet of LVT... 30 cases of it.

OP
OP
Kc40

Kc40

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
I've done a few trips this year with tile and flooring that I was probably at or over the limit with no issues, I just slowed down to give plenty of reaction time. A couple trips were with a pallet of LVT... 30 cases of it.
did you air up your tires? Or were they kind of bulging?

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
Kc40

Kc40

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
This was the last trip…

Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed 1FEB1752-D54D-40D6-8368-E94532CA4A34

And before that, tile…

Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed EF6B0691-2C4E-42DE-B1FC-7A3F672F20F0

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its fine. Just make sure your tires are at the upper end of normal and everything will be good.

The biggest issue on a long trip is tire heat build up. Tire heat buildup is caused by excessive flexing of the tire carcas each time a point in the tire is compressed as it rolls.

The solution to limit tire carcas flexing is more air pressure..

So again, don't sweat it. Anyone who thinks this is going to cause catastrophic problems has too few real problems to worry about.

p.s. The truck doesn't suddenly explode if you are 100 lbs over cargo limits and suddenly run perfectly if you are 1 lb under it. Check the tire pressure, drive sedately and you will be fine.

OP
OP
Kc40

Kc40

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Its fine. Just make sure your tires are at the upper end of normal and everything will be good.

The biggest issue on a long trip is tire heat build up. Tire heat buildup is caused by excessive flexing of the tire carcas each time a point in the tire is compressed as it rolls.

So again, don't sweat it. Anyone who thinks this is going to cause catastrophic problems has too few real problems to worry about.

p.s. The truck doesn't suddenly explode if you are 100 lbs over cargo limits and suddenly run perfectly if you are 1 lb under it. Check the tire pressure, drive sedately and you will be fine.
perfect thank you. That’s reassuring

thanks that’s reassuring

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, don't forget the there are people on this forum that drive around EVERY DAY with 500 lbs of steel bumpers, winches, bed racks and compressors on their gladiators.

The will wear things out MUCH MUCH faster than a few hundred extra pounds for 2000 miles per year.

Some here reference load and tow ratings like its the word of the Lord.

Lots of factors can combine to make the practical limits either higher or lower than the rated limit.
Sponsored

Last edited: