Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I have the rubicon Trim and I always wondered why the Gladiator didn’t have the Auto High-beam head lamp controls like the JL does. Well, I just noticed (shocking considering how many times I’ve looked at the order guide) that the Mojave and Sport S models actually DO have it. It’s just the rubicon and overland that don’t have it. Anyone know why that is? Is this a missing component or something that perhaps programming (ie Tazer) could fix?

If you have a Sport S or Mojave could you post a pic and/or tell us where the setting is to toggle it on/off (ie within driver settings on the 8.4" screen, driver information screen, or is it on the light stalk)? For reference in the latest order guide, it goes Sport S, Overland, Rubicon, Mojave.

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls E7A8958F-A555-4BEB-925A-9539A56DBA92
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
The Overland can get them with the Popular Equipment package. Seems like it's just the Rubicon that gets left out:
Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls 2020-06-19 08_30_22-https___www.jeepgladiatorforum.com_forum_attachments_gladiator-6-8-20-pdf

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Overland can get them with the Popular Equipment package. Seems like it's just the Rubicon that gets left out:
Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls 2020-06-19 08_30_22-https___www.jeepgladiatorforum.com_forum_attachments_gladiator-6-8-20-pdf
The plot thickens!

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I wonder if the LMS code could be used by dealer to enable it?

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the the order guides and Jeep build website might not be accurate. I just spoke with a guy I met a few months back who is a manager over planning and production of the Wrangler and Gladiator. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable on these types of questions and this was his response to me:

"If you get the advanced safety group with the adaptive cruise and you have the 8.4" radio then you get it, on all Trims. This was implemented in December 2019."

I don't get my truck for another week but I'll surely be confirming this at that point.

Sponsored

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has all of the above with December build and does not have it.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Well, we all know how good FCA is about updating their documentation... :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :facepalm:

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has all of the above with December build and does not have it.
I would be there is some wiggle room for when in December this took effect.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Now the main question...can we retrofit/activate it on older trucks that have the Advanced Safety group?

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now the main question...can we retrofit/activate it on older trucks that have the Advanced Safety group?
That is definitely going to be my first question to the dealer and my guy that gave me the info above (Dec '19 and forward "having it"). Once I get the truck I'll see if mine has it, either way I will follow up with my guy and ask if it's something the dealer can do by means of adding the code to the VIN or if there are parts missing (doubtful).

In the meantime is there anyone with a rubicon trim they can confirm was built at some point in 2020 (the later the better) and can tell us whether they have this feature or not?

Sponsored

BSRubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Hydro Blue JT Rubicon - '17 Admiral Blue Grand Sport Corvette
Occupation
Engineer
Rubicon with all options here, build sheet became available 12/18/2019. It was ordered 11/25/2019 and shipped 12/23/2019. It does have the Auto High Beam Headlamp Control. The control knob for the lights has AUTO as the farthest right position, which is where the white indicator line stays. Turning/clicking the knob to the right toggles the feature on and off. The knob returns to being lined up with AUTO after clicking it to the right.

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls AutoHeadlight

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There
Rubicon with all options here, build sheet became available 12/18/2019. It was ordered 11/25/2019 and shipped 12/23/2019. It does have the Auto High Beam Headlamp Control. The control knob for the lights has AUTO as the farthest right position, which is where the white indicator line stays. Turning/clicking the knob to the right toggles the feature on and off. The knob returns to being lined up with AUTO after clicking it to the right.

There we have it, thanks @BSRubicon for the info.

So, if I’m understanding this correctly you turn the dial PAST the auto position (spring loaded maybe it sounds like) and it returns to auto and this is what activates the auto high beam feature. To deactivate it you would perform this feature again... is that what you’re saying?

Is there any indication on the dash that the auto high beam is active?

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine must have just missed it. 12/19 manufacture date and the switch does not go past the auto position. Was hopeful when I read BSRubicon's post.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

Wait, whaaaa? I’m about to go see if my Overland with those options has the auto high beam feature.

Edit: 10/19 build date and nope. It doesn’t have it.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech

AutoHeadlight.jpg
I have a JTR with the same Auto option on the light control nob. All it does for me is described in the manual. (see quoted text below) No automatic dimming of hight beams.

Automatic Headlights — If Equipped
The Automatic Headlight System will turn the headlights on or off according to ambient light levels. To turn the system on, rotate the headlight switch clockwise to the last detent for automatic headlight operation. When the system is on, the headlight time delay feature is also on. This means the headlights will stay on for up to 90 seconds (programmable through the Uconnect settings) after you place the ignition into the OFF position. To turn the automatic system off, move the headlight switch out of the AUTO position.

Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information on the headlight delay timing.

NOTE:
The engine must be running before the head- lights will come on in the automatic mode.
Sponsored