First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (Gobi), 2013 Ram 1500
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic
Ahhhh... a beautiful day here in western NY... take the top and doors off and pick up a girl for a second date...

8 miles from her house the Jeep starts bucking a little at 50 MPH... and the check engine light comes (which is located just up and to the left of my odometer which reads a mere 621 miles)

I pull over and look things over. Tried a restart (the “control-alt-delete” of the automotive world.) and go to shit into drive and.... nothing... engine revs but not engaging the transmission and my dash is telling me to shift into park to select a gear.... and there’s my 2nd date... looking at me.....
Armed only with the tools to take the doors off, my only idea was to pop out the fuse to the ECM for a few minutes and plug it back in (since I didn’t have a 10mm to disconnect the battery)

luckily it did the trick and I limped back, male pride left at the side of the road, got home and pulled the codes (attached). Clearly I’m gonna call Jeep on this tmrw... but anybody else have anything similar happen to them?

72FB47C3-94E7-462C-803C-7C5F297885F6.png
Sponsored

Hosstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
sounds like something to do with the doors off. Allot like if your door was open and you tried to put in gear