First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Found this in the manual (p271-273).

Some notables points:
  • AutoPark will engage ONLY when vehicle speed is 1.2 mph (2.0 km/h) or less.
  • If vehicle speed is above 1.2 mph (2.0 km/h), the transmission will default to NEUTRAL until the vehicle speed drops below 1.2 mph (2.0 km/h). A vehicle left in the NEUTRAL position can roll. As an added precaution, always apply the parking brake when exiting the vehicle.
  • 4WD Low does disable AutoPark.
  • Driver door is ajar or in conditions where driver door is removed an additional trigger would be if the driver is off
    the seat (seat pad sensor detects driver missing)
2019-07-02_20-42-53.png

2019-07-02_20-41-12.png

2019-07-02_20-43-08.png
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I HATE AutoPark and griped about it the entire time I owned my JLU. I hate anything that's forced upon me because of the stupidity of others. This is America.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I HATE AutoPark and griped about it the entire time I owned my JLU. I hate anything that's forced upon me because of the stupidity of others. This is America.
Yeah, one of the recalls i had on my GC was the software "fix" that enabled autopark. Still screws me up if I open the door. Think it was forced on us shortly after Anton Yelchin's (recent Star Trek Chekov) death: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Yelchin

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, it's a bit of an overdone feature.

If you think about it - a manual transmission car is still susceptible to it. Maybe they'll do "Auto Parking Brake"

Alkali

First Name
Alkali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
I agree, it's a bit of an overdone feature.

If you think about it - a manual transmission car is still susceptible to it. Maybe they'll do "Auto Parking Brake"
yay manual Transmission and I am so glad the parking brake handle is up in the console and not electric :) Now if only they would build my damn manual...

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I haven't tried yet, but think I can shut that crap off with my TazerJL.

Got me the first time pretty good, pulled into a carwash the day after I picked up my JT, put it in N, cracked the door to make sure I shut it good, damn thing went into Auto-Park. :swear:

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't tried yet, but think I can shut that crap off with my TazerJL.

Got me the first time pretty good, pulled into a carwash the day after I picked up my JT, put it in N, cracked the door to make sure I shut it good, damn thing went into Auto-Park. :swear:
Oh yea - carwash would be annoying...

I don't see anything in the TazerJL for it... if you figure it out, let us know.

Reactions: JP1

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
I hate this feature as well as I frequently have situations where having the door open to judge travel distances on the order of a few inches is helpful (hooking up a trailer, getting close to something on purpose). Not sure if Park Sense and AutoPark are related but According to the manual we can disable Park Sense

upload_2019-7-3_7-48-27.png

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate this feature as well as I frequently have situations where having the door open to judge travel distances on the order of a few inches is helpful (hooking up a trailer, getting close to something on purpose). Not sure if Park Sense and AutoPark are related but According to the manual we can disable Park Sense

upload_2019-7-3_7-48-27.png
Unfortunately no, they are not related. I just tested disabling Park Sense to be sure and was still able to get AutoPark to do its thing.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The only documented way to consistently have AutoPark disabled is to disconnect the wiring harness for the door. Obviously if you have power windows and locks doing so will kill those features on that door also.

A couple of guys on the JL side bought those seatbelt latch ends and they just keep those plugged into the seatbelt receptable which also defeats the system but I'd get annoyed fooling with those things all the time so I won't go that far.

Sigh..

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Park sense is when you want to have the vehicle park itself - not put itself in the PARK position but put itself into a parking SPOT.
These will do like Buick, Ford and others - pull up behind a parking spot hit park sense and your turn signal and park sense will measure the spot as you drive ahead past the spot and then tell you to put it in reverse - let the wheel do its own thing.......... it will park - not P as in PRNDL but park as it move into a parking spot.
There are videos for this showing how it works.
At least that's my take on it.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
If you want to move your JT with the door open, buckle seat belt behind your back, or very lightly apply brake pressure to keep AutoPark from engaging while moving.

Also, good to know about Manual Park Release if you ever need to put the JT in neutral with engine on/off.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.26.41 AM.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.