Sponsored

Aux Switch Custom Labels

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
Hi everyone - hope you are staying safe...

My OCD is making me want to consider getting labels for the AUX switch covers for the items I've wired in there (On Board Air, Front Spots, rear work, Aux 4 blank for now).

Any company out there doing replaceable plastic covers that have labels we can not translate everytime "Aux 1 = front spots...Aux 2 = OBA...etc..."?

I know...I know...OCD!

Thanks!
Nadim
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Haven't seen anyone yet but I'd love the same... not getting my hopes up though. All 4 switches are different so it's going to be more work than custom switches for the standard Carling switches or something.

OP
OP
DiscoDino

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
Haven't seen anyone yet but I'd love the same... not getting my hopes up though. All 4 switches are different so it's going to be more work than custom switches for the standard Carling switches or something.
Yeah I hear you - not an easy solution visible, but I think for the JL/JT crowd from 2018 to now there is a market for this...

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I would think OTRTTW could do some laser etched ones.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Perhaps @Etoimos has something for the aux switches.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Has anyone even tried to remove the switch covers because I'm toying with it here and it doesn't seem to be particularly cooperative. Might need to disassemble or use a bit more force but I'm not about to start yanking on a $280 unit for kicks.

OP
OP
DiscoDino

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone even tried to remove the switch covers because I'm toying with it here and it doesn't seem to be particularly cooperative. Might need to disassemble or use a bit more force but I'm not about to start yanking on a $280 unit for kicks.
Yeah I felt the same...high quality sticker would be best...

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The bezel is easy as it's just 5 clips that pop easily but aside from prying hard on the edge of a switch cover, disassembling the switch assy will require work. There's like 8 or 9 clips on the main body and you're likely to damage them pulling it apart because you'll have to shim them to keep them open. It's definitely not intended to be reopened.

My only issue with a sticker is that you're not going to get illumination and being able to see my switches is more important than labels.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My only issue with a sticker is that you're not going to get illumination and being able to see my switches is more important than labels.
Don't have my Gladiator yet, please excuse if this seems a dumb question. In the pictures on the Jeep build site, I only see little LEDs to the right of each switch name. So couldn't I have a label covering "AUX X" and still see the lighted LED? Is the label "AUX X" lighted as well?

Last edited:

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Don't have my Gladiator yet, please excuse if this seems a dumb question. In the pictures on the Jeep build site, I only see little LEDs to the right of each switch name. So couldn't I have a label covering "AUX X" and still see the lighted LED? Is the label "AUX X" lighted as well?
I would assume so. I have my switches here that I need to install and they appear like any other backlit button. The text definitely isn't printed on.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Anyone find good solutions for this yet? Would love to have custom labeled buttons for the aux switches.

OP
OP
DiscoDino

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here man - I am still looking!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I've just spent 45 minutes trying to find a good solution, pretty sure it doesn't exist. I've already got labels on mine. But at night, I can't see them. And the way my brain works, I simply can't remember which switches are which lights...when I need them...at night. I actually have switch labels on my home light switches because I simply don't remember that. What I have now is fine for day.

Jeep Gladiator Aux Switch Custom Labels 1616692672331
Sponsored