First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Heavy equipment field technician
So I am planing on adding some lights later on the my rubicon but I don’t have the aux switch panel and I don’t want to cut/drill into my truck. I’ve seen on the inter webs you can buy the factory aux switch panel but it also replaces the sway bar, diff lock panel. Does anyone know if the factory wiring harness for the aux switches are behind the dash and can I get just the aux switch panel?
Sponsored

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Not sure what you mean by “replaces the sway bar panel” - it doesn’t. The aux switches are the right half of the larger panel, the sway bar/diffs are the left half (e.g. if you install the aux switches on a non-Rubi like mine, you get a half sized cubby for the left side).

As far as wires go, I think this is one option where the wires aren’t pre-installed/dangling. You can check by the battery to see if there are 4 loose wire ends, but most likely you have to run the harness as it is one continuous piece (i.e the wires to the switch panel itself are part of the single harness that contains the leads as well). It’s not that hard to install, but you will need a dealer flash or Tazer to enable.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Last week, I bought a switch panel from lasfit. I haven't installed them yet but my understanding is that if you don't have OEM switches from the factory the wiring isn't there. You can buy the OEM switch kit and run the wires but as mentioned above, it has to be flashed to work.

The lastfit switches still require you to run the wires, but no flashing is required. Its a "stand alone" unit aside from a pass through plug that gets plugged into the back of the cigarette lighter. I believe that is to tell the unit when the vehicle is turned on.

For my Rubicon, I only needed the right light switches or "Kit A" off their website:

https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...1-auxiliary-switch-kit?variant=37561999655091

Here's an example of install and pdf instructions:

https://www.lasfit.com/pages/auxiliary-switch-bank-kit-jeep-wrangler-gladiator

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Freedom Edition, 1983 Postal Jeep
You can buy the aux panel and install it yourself but it could be a bit of a pain. The kit comes with a wiring harness that you have to run yourself. TFL truck on youtube had it done on their gladiator back in may 2020 I think and have a video that shows what's all involved.

Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I have the aux switches, but...
There was a post here somewhere where a guy used a couple of the built in garage door opener buttons for transmitting to a receiver under the hood. From there you can power some light stuff or power a relay for more demanding things. No holes or running wires through the bulkhead. There was a link in the post to Amazon and I think the unit was pretty cheap $30-$40. I have the auxiliary switches and have no reason to do it, but I thought that was a slick mod for those who might need a couple extra switches.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I second the Voswitch, partially installed already very easy to install enough labels to make them whatever you want including one that says
“Turn stuff on”. No flash you can program strobe as a second option by pushing button twice if you wanted rear off-road trail running lights. You can change program easily with the switches, I like it…..Jack
Sponsored