Sponsored

Aux Switches - What are you putting on them?

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I felt this was general enough to not list in the technical section... if a moderator deems it not, then please move as appropriate...

So for the aux switches what is everyone running on them? Especially the higher AMP ones rated at 40AMPS, I don't think I have any plans to install anything that high in AMPS, unless maybe I chain more than two lights together or something. So I figured I would ask and see what responses are posted, thanks.

My plans:
AUX 1 - ??
AUX 2 - ??
AUX 3 - 5" Lights (A Pillar)
AUX 4 - 7" Lights (Bumper) or Vision-X Back up lights
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My JTR was ordered with the aux switches, but I have no idea what I'd ever install that I'd use them for, or how to even setup the switches to be used... :CWL:

I guess maybe a LED lightbar or something...

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
1 - front Rigid 360 offroad lights
2 - rear Rigid D2 backup/work lights
3 - winch power disconnect relay
4 - "backlights" included on the front Rigid 360's (aka amber look-cool lights, kinda cosmetic)

I wish they had at least 6 switches and had a way to label them. I'd have a cb or other trail radio on one, and sure the 6th would get used eventually... BTW the fuse ratings aren't perfect for my purposes but they are either enough or massive overkill.

Sponsored

OP
OP

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
1 - front Rigid 360 offroad lights
2 - rear Rigid D2 backup/work lights
3 - winch power disconnect relay
4 - "backlights" included on the front Rigid 360's (aka amber look-cool lights, kinda cosmetic)

I wish they had at least 6 switches and had a way to label them. I'd have a cb or other trail radio on one, and sure the 6th would get used eventually... BTW the fuse ratings aren't perfect for my purposes but they are either enough or massive overkill.
6 Switches would have been great, I had the dealer add my switches so I do not have the extra two wires that are factory installed, if I did then the BATT and ACC wires would be used for a CB (ACC) and Dash Camera (BATT), wish JEEP would have added those wires to the wire looms they sell for after purchase add.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
1 - ?
2 - ?
3 - BD squadron pro a-pillar lights
4 - vision x backup lights

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
1-?
2-?
3-Airliftsprings compressor
4-Warn cable and winch relay

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Currently mine are unused. Plan on doing some kind of rear lights on mine for sure for one of them. might do some lights on the front, that are not the A pillar since I fully intend on folding down my windshield regularly during the summer.

One thing I am wondering on though is should I wire my winch to there. Noticed a few of you have, I was going to but then noticed the vast majority of people on here wire theirs direct to the battery. Hoping to finally get mine installed Friday since I will be off work and my son is home from school.

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, BMW M2 Competition, MBZ 560 SL, Ducati 851, Ducati 900 SS
1) Baja Designs LP 6 pair (front bumper)
2) ?
3) ARB Compressor switch for UpDown Air system
4) KC Cyclone Rock Lights switch (x6)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Aux 1--Comm rack primary power. Rack has 2M/70CM ham, GMRS and CB radios.
Gladiator, Dec 19, CP_135426, Final Overhead Molle Rack Wiring.jpg

Aux 2--Probably lights on bumper. I like round lights on Jeeps, but there is the interference with the front trail cam to be considered. Lights must be IPF-67/68 rated since I do ford deep water sometimes. Still mulling solutions, but leaning toward the KC LZR lights. Mock-up of LZR lights ...
Gladiator, Jan 20, CP_124322, Three Mock LZR Lites (Front View).jpg

Gladiator, Jan 20, CP_124354, Three Mock LZR Lites (Trail Cam View).jpg

Aux 3--ARB Twin Air Compressor on-off function. Compressor is mounted under the passenger seat on an optional ARB rack. Compressor primary power is routed direct to battery (it draws 53 amps).
Gladiator, Dec 19, CP_151209, Twin Compressor Install.jpg

Aux 4--Switch to power off the engine fan motor during deep water fords. Have not designed this, yet, but this is what I have on my JK using an sPOD (see drawing). The extra relay is necessary both because of the power draw of the fan, but more importantly because the sPOD is designed to turn things on by applying power, not turn things off by applying power. I understand that may seem nonsensical, but my design is better because the typical failure mode is with the fan powered on, not the fan powered off.
Jeep Engine Fan Relay, Feb 14, Wiring Diagram.jpg

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
^^This is how you spot an engineer.

I’m using 2 of my 4 switches currently. One for light bar on the hood, the other is for my rock lights. I’ll add lights for the rack, which I’ll likely tie to the light bar switch since the resistance is massive.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach

MYWIFESJEEP

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT CUSTOM
Vehicle Showcase
I felt this was general enough to not list in the technical section... if a moderator deems it not, then please move as appropriate...

So for the aux switches what is everyone running on them? Especially the higher AMP ones rated at 40AMPS, I don't think I have any plans to install anything that high in AMPS, unless maybe I chain more than two lights together or something. So I figured I would ask and see what responses are posted, thanks.

My plans:
AUX 1 - ??
AUX 2 - ??
AUX 3 - 5" Lights (A Pillar)
AUX 4 - 7" Lights (Bumper) or Vision-X Back up lights
I had the aux switch bank installed in my sport s. 1 is for light bar, 2 left side, 3 right side, 4 rear bumper back lights.
JEEP.jpg
Sponsored