First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
Hello and sorry for asking a stupid question! but why someone as came with a long range aux tank for diesel?
is because the jeep diesel is not available in Australia!
thank you and sorry for asking.

Jeep Gladiator Aux tank ! 11A24149-5DAF-490E-91D8-F26D5EA78873
Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Long Range America was working on doing one for the diesel, but I'm not sure what happened with it

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Long Range America was working on doing one for the diesel, but I'm not sure what happened with it
Took AEV a few years just to do a snorkel.. I can imagine an aux fuel tank is a bit more involved.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Took AEV a few years just to do a snorkel.. I can imagine an aux fuel tank is a bit more involved.
That's very true! I spoke with Ward from LRA last year and they had everything that they needed, and it was looking like it was going to be placed in the spare tire location.

Hopefully we get some movement soon

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
There’s this: https://titanfueltanks.com/products/sidekick-tank/gladiator-sidekick-tank-5060015

I bought one, partly because they had a scratch-and-dent model for about half price, though not the Gladiator-specific kit. The Glad kit is the same tank but different brackets, to mount to the trail rail on the passenger side.

On the driver’s side (where you’d naturally put it, so you can fill both aux and main tank without moving the truck) there’s a bump in the sheet metal at the front left corner of the bed to clear the stock fuel filler neck. That bump means the tank doesn’t sit flush into the corner on the driver’s side, but has a couple inch gap between the tank and the side of the bed. I made my own brackets and use that gap for storage

BTW the ”scratch and dent” was nothing, someone cross-threaded the threaded insert on the bottom nose of the tank where you can put in a rubber foot to support the nose on a wheel well. Useless on the Gladiator regardless, as there isn’t a flat surface where it would land anyway. Tank had never been filled or even installed as far as I could tell.

Nothing fancy about this, no pump, no pushbutton transfer, no pipes or hoses to install. I use the included Shaker Siphon hose to transfer when the main tank is empty. Takes about 15 minutes with cold diesel (probably faster with less viscous gasoline)

Sponsored

OP
OP
yrwins

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
I just talk to long range america (LRA) , and they tell me "that they will not make one. there is no space under-neath the jeep, Unfortunately" I event ask to see if they going to make small version , and they tell me "NO".
I think it is up to AEV to came up with one. but on my conversation it seem that is really no space for one. so it have to be were it is the space tire. and relocate the space tire. but I ask some one that work for AEV and it tell " that there is noting that they are working on".
It seem that RMA for the it. is to much vs the profit of the product.
I think I have two solution.
1. Relocation of space tire: and look for an independent metal works, to make a tank, then look for a pump and etc.
2. delete the DPF/LGR/DEF and use that tank. other set of problem.

I really don't want a solution on bed of the pickup.

any other ideal you guys may have!

thank you .

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
get some cardboard and tape, start cutting.. find a spot under the truck you think will work, build a cardboard tank, take that to a fab shop have them weld it up. Start looking at standard drop from the top fuel pumps to use as a transfer pump or maybe install 2 bungs at the bottom of the tank and run a pair of clicky clacky fuel pumps to be the transfer pumps.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Interested in a spare tire location too, although I’m a bit afraid to as yet more weight behind the rear axle, so DEF tank make be better 👀.
Though I think it’s only 5-8gal or so?
Typically LRA will take the stock tank and location and make it a more efficient use of space. So I would think that they would do that first, and then start working on an aux tank afterwards?

I'd be interested in seeing if it's possible to have a DEF tank made and relocate it to the spare tire spot, and then you could use the full space of the gasser location with like 23-25 gallons maybe

OP
OP
yrwins

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
That will be super cool , but it seem that they ”LRA” don’t have any interest on the Diesel

Sponsored

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I love the concept of an auxiliary tank, and if I were crossing Australia I’d buy or fab one.

But in the US and Canada I’ve never needed more than a few gallon cushion in case I push the trail time and want to avoid sucking up crud from the bottom of the tank on the way to station. For that, a 20L can does the job at about 1/20th the price.

Of course, then I’m the fuel pump, but for the two times in two years I needed it, it wasn’t a problem.

Arcticelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, '13 Tacoma
Look for a racing fuel cell, they come in all kinds of shapes, including squares that would fit in the spare tire space.

If I ever add an aux tank or a water tank that's where I'll put it.

sns1294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD
One of the few disappointing things from my JL gas to JTD transition was the smaller fuel tank due to the addition of the DEF tank. I've done some poking around and it looks like the gas and diesel options share the same in tank fuel pump. If a new location for the DEF could be found (that doesn't take the spare tire space preferably in my case) you could potentially use the gas fuel tank with plumbing modifications to gain 3-ish gallons which would be a good enough for me increase. I haven't crawled around the underside enough to see what space is available though.
Sponsored