Auxiliary fuel tanks

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Has anyone installed a long range auxiliary fuel tank yet? Wondering how the exhaust fits or is there even enough room for the larger hemi exhaust. Have power now but range would be nice.
Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Has anyone installed a long range auxiliary fuel tank yet? Wondering how the exhaust fits or is there even enough room for the larger hemi exhaust. Have power now but range would be nice.
Have you looked at titan fuel tanks?- it’s in bed, and removable for when not needed.
I ran one on my Jk and can attest to quality being top notch!

https://titanfueltanks.com/products/sidekick-tank/gladiator-sidekick-tank-5060015

The only under vehicle tank I would consider would be one that took place of the spare- and only if it stayed at the frame rail level or higher….

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Have you looked at titan fuel tanks?- it’s in bed, and removable for when not needed.
I ran one on my Jk and can attest to quality being too notch!

https://titanfueltanks.com/products/sidekick-tank/gladiator-sidekick-tank-5060015

The only under vehicle tank I would consider would be one that took place of the spare- and only if it stayed at the frame rail level or higher….
I had seen those, price is attractive. compared to the other two at $1800 to just over $2000. Not as convenient as the under mount ones since you have to stop and transfer fuel. plus to me the biggest downfall is that they sit just above the side of the bed, so you can not use a bed cover with it installed.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Reach out to Ward at LRA - Long Range America.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There's a thread on here from someone that installed an auxiliary tank. I think it may have been @smlobx

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Longe Range America has the best long range tank. 17 gal. Plumbs into your factory tank for easy transfer and fill. By far the best option I have seen unless you want to mess with jerry's or filling the factory tank. Not really a fun time - it gets old fast.

https://longrangeamerica.com/product/jgjtpa/

Personally, I would not even consider any other option with this on the table.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That is really cool!

Dls79

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I mounted a rotopax 4 gallon (I can stack them for more capacity) to my built right molle pannels at the fron of the bed inside my RSI Smartcap so that the Rotopax mouth is just above my fuel hatch. I have a siphon pump that works great. Very inexpensive and truly easy install and agai, it works great!

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I mounted a rotopax 4 gallon (I can stack them for more capacity) to my built right molle pannels at the fron of the bed inside my RSI Smartcap so that the Rotopax mouth is just above my fuel hatch. I have a siphon pump that works great. Very inexpensive and truly easy install and agai, it works great!
So far I have not had to use any extra fuel than what is in the tank. It is just the range, 120 to 150 miles to a tank, that is staying safe with about 1/4 tank left maybe a bit less. This is only an issue when towing my camper. Seeing how I do not tow all the time it makes it hard to justify $2000 for an auxiliary tank, all though that would be the most convenient solution. Your setup sounds pretty good as that would make it easier to use if and when needed. So what kind of siphon pump do you use? Manual or electric, brand?

Phlegmon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Occupation
Radiologist
I have a Long Range America auxiliary fuel tank and have a 6.4 swap scheduled to begin next week. AMW said they could custom fab the exhaust, as necessary, but they haven't done a conversion on a Gladiator with the LRA tank yet. I'll report back in a few weeks and let you know the outcome.

Sponsored

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
I have a Long Range America auxiliary fuel tank and have a 6.4 swap scheduled to begin next week. AMW said they could custom fab the exhaust, as necessary, but they haven't done a conversion on a Gladiator with the LRA tank yet. I'll report back in a few weeks and let you know the outcome.
Well, this build sounds sweet.

Interesting name choice. IR doc?

Dls79

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I keep the rotopax full during winter and if I’m going on a trip (just got back from the Jeep invasion and used gas out of it instead of waiting in line for gas. I use a manual hand pump siphon that I got at Harbor Freight for under $10.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
That is awesome you are getting the conversion done! You will have a blast with the 6.4. That would be great to see what they will do for the tank and I look forward to hearing back on all of it!

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
Please report back. I just took delivery of mine and I went with the 505 due to the lack of a long range tank.

We will build another one should a fuel extension option exist. Really curious how yours turns out

Also, AMW Jeeps are ridiculous. This is by far my favourite Jeep (or vehicle) I've owned to date and the list of vehicles includes: AMG GTR Pro, G63, multiple previous Jeeps, Raptor, GT350R and a GT500.

This thing is just too much fun. The steering and handling is wild for such a large vehicle and the kids absolutely love it.

I hope you enjoy it!

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
@Dan Grec has installed the "The Long Ranger" in this thread HERE
and his Youtube videos HERE 1 and HERE 2
Sponsored