Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
EDIT: NOW Available! https://www.oraclelights.com/products/rear-bumper-led-reverse-lights-for-jeep-gladiator-jt

Use Coupon Code FORUM10 for 10% off your order!

We have just completed production for a reverse light for the JL to increase visibility backing up at night. A common complaint we hear is low visibility when backing up at night because the factory reverse lights (even with LED tail lights) do not produce enough light for the backup camera to work well in the dark.

The solution we made for the JL replaces with factory rear bumper reflectors with functional LED lights which increase the usable light by 20x when measured in Lux.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) oracle_5874-504_reverse_led_jl-2
(see full demonstration click here)

The Gladiator has an even larger reflector which can be more easily accessed (faster installation) and would mount with the factory hardware and tap into the reverse lights (or connect to Aux switch).
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) cc_2020jet050011_02_640_pw7

We want to hear feedback from members here if you would prefer:

A) Use the total space for LED placement to maximize the number of LEDs and light output.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) oracle_jt_reverse_render_A

B) Share the space with a scaled-down reflector to maintain the reflector function.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) oracle_jt_reverse_render_B

Either way these would have MORE LEDs than the JL version which is very bright!
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) JeepReversvelightUpgradeimage1_1024x1024

Let us know your thoughts!
Sponsored

Last edited:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Personally I could go with either, cost would be the biggest factor to me.

Sponsored

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
I like B because it maintains the factory look to some extent while providing a brighter, but maybe not blinding, light for the backup camera.

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
If B was made and it came with a harness as well to T into the brake lights, that would be awesome and something I would be all over! Plug and play without splicing unless you chose to run a switch is the way to go.

Sponsored

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone :
My first post to the forum....
either way is fine is a matter of choice A or B , beer or wine....
just keep it simple stupid for installation by the way can you make it the lights bright yellow too.
Choose A, B, or C.....

GobiGlad386

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland North Edition; 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T 6spd 100th Anniversary
Occupation
Appraiser
I've wanted B specifically for a while now. Maintain reflectors for visibility when the vehicle is parked. I'd want them to activate when in Reverse and also be able to turn on with an Aux switch when someone in a Camry is driving down the highway with their highbeams on behind me

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Upgrading the LED bulbs in the tail lights will certainly help but what is really great about the placement of the rear reflector location is that (especially with lifted Gladiators) these are positioned lower to allow the light to hit the ground to let the rear camera pick up curbs, rocks, etc. rather than beaming straight back.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I think B is better because the red reflector is a legal requirement in the US and I don't think there's any other reflective point on the rear of the truck.... could be an issue if a state inspection looks for it.

Though I didn't even think twice to remove mine and swap in the BD kit so I'd almost say leave it up to the buyer... maybe a 50/50 modular type kit that allows the buyer to pick?