Available Gladiator-specific racks & toppers

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
This is, to the best of my knowledge, a list of all available racks and toppers (so far). I'll try to keep it updated. If anyone can think of one that I'm missing, I'll add it. I have no affiliation with any of the following companies whether retailers or manufacturers.

Nuthouse Ind Nutzo Gladiator Bed Rack

Fab Fours Overland Rack

Putco 184500 Venture TEC Rack Modular Cargo System

HOBBS 6700-002 Freedom Sport Rack

HOBBS 6700-020 Freedom Bed Rack

JCR JT Bed Rack

RLD Jeep Gladiator Cap/Canopy

Leitner ACTIVE CARGO SYSTEM

American Adventure Labs M.A.S.S. Bed Rack

RCI Gladiator Bed Racks

Evo Mfg Jeep Gladiator Bed Racks

People are having luck with the Thule Xsporter Pro as well as the Yakima OverHaul HD and OutPost HD, but it seems at this point they need some slight modification in order to work. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thule rack compatibility expanded upon by @Bobzdar:
The Xsporter and TracRac work as-is without trail rails, but require the 2016+ tacoma mounting kit plus small modification to the feet to work with the trail rails.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
This is, to the best of my knowledge, a list of all available racks and toppers (so far). I'll try to keep it updated. If anyone can think of one that I'm missing, I'll add it. I have no affiliation with any of the following companies whether retailers or manufacturers.

Fab Fours Overland Rack

Putco 184500 Venture TEC Rack Modular Cargo System

HOBBS 6700-002 Freedom Sport Rack

HOBBS 6700-020 Freedom Bed Rack

JCR JT Bed Rack

RLD Jeep Gladiator Cap/Canopy

Leitner ACTIVE CARGO SYSTEM

People are having luck with the Thule Xsporter Pro as well as the Yakima OverHaul HD and OutPost HD, but it seems at this point they need some slight modification in order to work. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.
The Xsporter and TracRac work as-is without trail rails, but require the 2016+ tacoma mounting kit plus small modification to the feet to work with the trail rails.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks like you may have also overlooked the RCI 18″ Gladiator Bed Rack.

BUT, all of these appear to end just below the roof line. If I had a RTT (like the Roofnest or other) I would need to send the excess length off the back, correct? Or are the pictures misleading and they are actually level? I know the Way Out concept had the modified cabin...I don't really want to hang that much off the tail. Anyone?

OP
OP
Jeepers!

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy

BUT, all of these appear to end just below the roof line. If I had a RTT (like the Roofnest or other) I would need to send the excess length off the back, correct? Or are the pictures misleading and they are actually level? I know the Way Out concept had the modified cabin...I don't really want to hang that much off the tail. Anyone?
Thanks, added! Yeah, I think at this point all of them are lower than the roof line. You would need either a soft RTT or wait for the iKamper Skycamp Mini or X-Cover Mini (early 2020). Current hard-shells, from everything I've seen, just won't fit these.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer

The non gladiator specific racks are above roof - see here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/thule-tracrac-with-trail-rails-working-setup.18604/

With the trail rails, it's about a 5 minute job to install or remove. Probably even faster without them.

Sponsored

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
The Fab Fours rack definitely clears the top. There are forward facing lights, couldn't imagine them lighting up the backside of the top.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
The Fab Fours rack definitely clears the top. There are forward facing lights, couldn't imagine them lighting up the backside of the top.
You are right. Sorry. I did my quick sort for the "Sub $1000" racks. After cleaning up the coffee I spit out when I saw the price I closed that tab. I really hope someone makes a reasonably priced rack that clears the top.

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
You are right. Sorry. I did my quick sort for the "Sub $1000" racks. After cleaning up the coffee I spit out when I saw the price I closed that tab. I really hope someone makes a reasonably priced rack that clears the top.
thanks, long day at work and I got a nice chuckle from that.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So the JCR rack will work with certain "inside the rails" tonneau covers. It looks like the American Adventure Labs rack would be compatible with covers in the same way.

Does anyone else have any insight into this?

Sponsored

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
Has anyone seen the RLD rack as yet? I'm contemplating ordering it but would love to see it before throwing $3.5k at it....I'd go black on black for mine.