First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
By how much would the axles be off center if you did the 2" Mopar lift kit and did not add 3rd party adjustable track bars? Thx
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not enough to matter but I've read between a 1/4" to 1/2" off, not going to hurt anything if you run it with stock track bar

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I want to say mine was 1/2" off center and I could easily tell the difference with my OCD. When I installed a 1.5" level kit on the front the axle was FAR off center. I already had an adjustable track bar I installed after my Mopar lift. It needed major adjustment after the level kit.

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
I want to say mine was 1/2" off center and I could easily tell the difference with my OCD. When I installed a 1.5" level kit on the front the axle was FAR off center. I already had an adjustable track bar I installed after my Mopar lift. It needed major adjustment after the level kit.
I fall into the OCD camp... jajaja

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I went with a Rancho adjustable track bar. I was looking at all the bars on the market and honestly some of the higher end ones were just worlds of overkill for me. The rancho weighs a hell of a lot more than stock so it will do and the price was excellent.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I put Rubicon front springs under mine - gained almost an inch up front.
I had to adjust the steering to get the wheel centered and my front axle is easily 1/2" off - and that's with half of a Mopar 2" lift.
I'll be adding 3/4" spacers to gain back what I lost with the heavy bumper, winch and skid plate.
Those dropped the truck 1/2" so after springs and then the heavy stuff up front, a net gain of 1/2" plus the 3/4" spacers, I'll likely be off at least that half inch again if not a tad more.
I want it CENTERED, not sticking out one side -and I CAN see it just sighting down the sides of the truck.
Honestly I can't see how those doing a 2" lift are saying "not much, only 1/4 - 1/2" when mine was off that much with 1" spring increase. The more that track bar swings down in that arc, the more it will move left, that's simple geometry.
The first bit won't give you near as much offset as each subsequent changed down.
In other words, if 1" gives you 1/4" then the next 1" should move it even more and the next 1" would be an even greater change as it swings in an arc - not a straight line.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Mine was off about 0.5-0.6” with the 2” Mopar, on a Rubicon. My steering wheel was also very off center.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Teraflex adjustable for mine, but would not do it again. My dealer installed mine and showed me that it only moved it 1/4". There is a reason Mopar did not include one in kit. It's not needed.

Reactions: Mac

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
You have to remember that a tire sticking out 1/2' more on one side than the other only equates to the axle being off center by 1/4".

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You have to remember that a tire sticking out 1/2' more on one side than the other only equates to the axle being off center by 1/4".
YES, because moving it back over 1/4" takes away 1/4 from one side while adding 1/4 to the other side for that 1/2".
It's like centering anything on a table top - if it's off by 1", you move the item over 1/2" and it will be centered.

That's a good way to put it and a good reminder! (and maybe helps us get to saying the right thing.)

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
YES, because moving it back over 1/4" takes away 1/4 from one side while adding 1/4 to the other side for that 1/2".
It's like centering anything on a table top - if it's off by 1", you move the item over 1/2" and it will be centered.

That's a good way to put it and a good reminder! (and maybe helps us get to saying the right thing.)

Nope, thats if you want to split the difference, not correct an off center vs the true center. If the center line of the axle is 1/2" from the centerline of the jeep, you have to move the axle 1/2" to get it back in the center...

I could draw a picture if you would like...

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Nope, thats if you want to split the difference, not correct an off center vs the true center. If the center line of the axle is 1/2" from the centerline of the jeep, you have to move the axle 1/2" to get it back in the center...

I could draw a picture if you would like...
You are correct In your terminology, but it’s more common for people to measure how much tire sticks out of a fender on each side, and make a conclusion about it rather than thinking like you did. Most people will see a driver side tire sticking out 1/2” farther than the passenger side, and conclude that the axle is off 1/2”, which it isn’t.

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
Well I guess it's all in how you look at it.
Sponsored