Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Two different situations
1) I buy a sport and swap in rubicon axles. Can those lockers be added into a rubicon switch plates?
2) I buy a rubicon but swap in larger axles. Can the rubicon switches power the ultimate d60 or D44 elockers?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Jeeze those Dana 60s they have are nearly $20k

Yeah they’re super expensive. I have a lead on a set of very lightly used spicer axles. I wish I had some idea when the diesel would be released

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Two different situations
1) I buy a sport and swap in rubicon axles. Can those lockers be added into a rubicon switch plates?
2) I buy a rubicon but swap in larger axles. Can the rubicon switches power the ultimate d60 or D44 elockers?
1. It is easier to wire in your own switches than try to add factory switches due to computer control issues (I did this in a JKU).
2. Dana Ultimate 44 and 60 axles which are supplied with electric lockers should be able to be plugged in on a Rubicon and work like the stock axles.

You’re not really comparing apples to apples though. What are you planning that a Rubicon won’t handle without upgrading axles?

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
1. It is easier to wire in your own switches than try to add factory switches due to computer control issues (I did this in a JKU).
2. Dana Ultimate 44 and 60 axles which are supplied with electric lockers should be able to be plugged in on a Rubicon and work like the stock axles.

You’re not really comparing apples to apples though. What are you planning that a Rubicon won’t handle without upgrading axles?

I can’t justify an axle swap without a heavy discount. I’m also unwilling to dump 10gs into axles and be tripping over them for a year when I could have invested the money.

so I’m considering that if the diesel comes with 3.73s, I can justify $4k or so for rubicon axles to get the right gearing for 37/38s. If it comes with 4.11s then Id likely get a rubicon and when it becomes a toy in 7-8 years, I can swallow an axle purchase.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Did you keep the rubicon swaybar?

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 23 Wagoneer, 83 Scrambler
I just swapped to the Dana 60’s no the lockers do not work using the factory switchin! I wired mine into the aux switches
What, if anything, happens to the factory off road pages, etc. when you do the swap? Currently I am having issues with my rear Rubicon axle and it may be toast. I've noticed that if I unhook the wiring harness from the rear the dash lights up like a Christmas tree telling me I have a locker issue. Are you using a programmer or something to turn off the factory lights / warnings?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Two different situations
I would go with option 2. And yes, I believe the D60’s they offer are direct swap, Electronics, and all...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase