Sponsored

Baby seat position

Where do YOU put a child car seat in Jeep Gladiator?

• Total voters

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Where do you all put your child carrier seats? I am seeing mixed opinions on putting it on the driver vs passenger side. Others are saying there is a negligible safety increase by putting it in the middle.

I'd rather put the seat behind the driver side for 2 reasons.

1. I won't be driving with the child without the mother, in most cases. She is a stay-at-home mom so if the kid is with me that means 99% of the time so is she.

2. I'd rather not lose access to most of the under seat storage. The passenger side gives you more access. As I don't have the dividers in mine, I can access all of the under storage with the passenger/middle sections up.

Then again, I have something behind the driver-side passenger seat that if I need access to it means that I need access to it NOW, and not have to deal with getting the child/seat off first.

Ultimately the child's safety comes first, I'll work around and move around things if needed. I'm looking for the level of safety increase comparing the positions
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The safest place for a child seat is in the middle of the rear seat...

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind if you're still using the LATCH anchors, the middle is not an option, it says so right in the manual. The anchors are only at the outside seats. There are top tether locations at all 3 positions however. I have a 10 and 5 year old, so I have the seat for the 5 year old on the driver's side as there needs to be some separation between the 2, and for the reasons you listed above of being able to only lose the 40% of the 60/40 seat. I did the same in my Tacoma because in both I can easily reach the stuff in the drivers side by reaching through from the passenger side compartment.

Reactions: Tim

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Where do you all put your child carrier seats? I am seeing mixed opinions on putting it on the driver vs passenger side. Others are saying there is a negligible safety increase by putting it in the middle.

I'd rather put the seat behind the driver side for 2 reasons.

1. I won't be driving with the child without the mother, in most cases. She is a stay-at-home mom so if the kid is with me that means 99% of the time so is she.

2. I'd rather not lose access to most of the under seat storage. The passenger side gives you more access. As I don't have the dividers in mine, I can access all of the under storage with the passenger/middle sections up.

Then again, I have something behind the driver-side passenger seat that if I need access to it means that I need access to it NOW, and not have to deal with getting the child/seat off first.

Ultimately the child's safety comes first, I'll work around and move around things if needed. I'm looking for the level of safety increase comparing the positions
I do the same as you for the same exact reasons. Wife/storage and all. LOL. Also if your child is young you don't want them in the middle where they have nothing to block them from flying through the front window. Ive seen it. Not a good thing.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
OP
OP