First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
retired
The back up camera on my 2020 Gladiator just stopped working yesterday. All I get is a message stating it is unavailable. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Uconnect may have been downloading the new software for the recent recall on the backup camera.

OP
OP

Toolguy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Uconnect may have been downloading the new software for the recent recall on the backup camera.
Any idea how long I should wait before taking it in?

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
It should take care of itself. Can't really say how long it takes to download though.

Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I never had an issue with my rear camera. Got the recall notice in the mail the other day. Went out and messed with the Uconnect admittedly not knowing what I was doing.
Think I gave up with a swirling icon showing and shutoff the ignition. About an hour later I left for work and leaving my driveway the backup screen was blue with a ā€œcamera unavailableā€ message. 8 hours later drove home and all was well with the camera.
Apparently it takes 8 hours or less for the voodoo black magic to work........ I ain't no expert.......

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How do you get your UConnect to automatically download the software update?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
How do you get your UConnect to automatically download the software update?
It's automatic, but depends on the AT&T cellular coverage. You just have to wait for it to sync up with the FCA mothership. It could be anywhere from a few days to a few months. There's a link on the website for firmware updates that can be loaded by USB, but it may take a while for them to show up there. There can also be a trip to the dealer to have it loaded.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's automatic, but depends on the AT&T cellular coverage. You just have to wait for it to sync up with the FCA mothership. It could be anywhere from a few days to a few months. There's a link on the website for firmware updates that can be loaded by USB, but it may take a while for them to show up there. There can also be a trip to the dealer to have it loaded.
Iā€™ll avoid the dealership, that way I donā€™t have to remove my Tazer.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
The back up camera on my 2020 Gladiator just stopped working yesterday. All I get is a message stating it is unavailable. Anyone else?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
both front and rear cams quit working about a week ago, pulled the fuse and reset the radio with no changes. Just the blue screen of death with a message camera system is unavailable. Going to the dealership tomorrow will let ya know what they have to say.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
both front and rear cams quit working about a week ago, pulled the fuse and reset the radio with no changes. Just the blue screen of death with a message camera system is unavailable. Going to the dealership tomorrow will let ya know what they have to say.
Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. We're always available via private message.

Alison
JeepCares

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. We're always available via private message.

Alison
JeepCares
Took it to the Dealership On Wednesday, they did the firmware update and the recall for the rear cam and still no luck. The reflashed everything with no luck. They have ordered a new radio head unit and waiting for that to come in and be installed.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Took it to the Dealership On Wednesday, they did the firmware update and the recall for the rear cam and still no luck. The reflashed everything with no luck. They have ordered a new radio head unit and waiting for that to come in and be installed.
I'm sorry to hear they weren't able to fix your concern with an update. Please let me know if you'd like an additional level of assistance during this time. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP

Toolguy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
Took it to the dealer and they told me that they believe whoever put the coating in the bed cause the wiring to work it way out.
Sponsored