Sponsored

Back up lights / tazer mini

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
Anyone else having an issue with one or both back up lights flashing / staying on after unlocking the jeep since this last tazer mini update? It’s mostly the left side 9 out of 10 times but it will stay on regardless if I’m driving or not. The only way to get them to turn off is to lock the truck with the fob. It’s inconsistent but it’s happened dozens of times people are flagging me down telling me I have a light out because ones lit and one isn’t.

They were both on in this pic. They were on for the entire drive home. They only way to get them to turn off is to lock the truck and unlock it with the fob.
Jeep Gladiator Back up lights / tazer mini A50DA6A3-EAC8-4499-AFB8-F8F8127F3616
Sponsored

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone else having an issue with one or both back up lights flashing / staying on after unlocking the jeep since this last tazer mini update? It’s mostly the left side 9 out of 10 times but it will stay on regardless if I’m driving or not. The only way to get them to turn off is to lock the truck with the fob. It’s inconsistent but it’s happened dozens of times people are flagging me down telling me I have a light out because ones lit and one isn’t.

They were both on in this pic. They were on for the entire drive home. They only way to get them to turn off is to lock the truck and unlock it with the fob.
Jeep Gladiator Back up lights / tazer mini A50DA6A3-EAC8-4499-AFB8-F8F8127F3616
Did you figure out the issue?

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R and 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Business Owner
I had this and it’s a bad pairing. Do a full reset twice. Make sure your on the latest firmware.
I also have this same issue. Someone else suggested it is a Tazer feature with specific button presses but so far it feels like a bug in the newest firmware.

WAOverlandJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I also have this same issue. Someone else suggested it is a Tazer feature with specific button presses but so far it feels like a bug in the newest firmware.
It is a feature you can do on your key fob also. I contacted them about the same issue when I had it about a month ago. I ended up resetting 3 times and I have been good to go now.

Sponsored

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
It is a feature you can do on your key fob also. I contacted them about the same issue when I had it about a month ago. I ended up resetting 3 times and I have been good to go now.
Off I got to do a few resets, LOL.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Off I got to do a few resets, LOL.
Make sure you're on the most current firmware, too. They just released another version recently and I haven't had the back up light issue since.

WAOverlandJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Pro tip if you are by yourself. Just setup your phone to record and see if your lights are still on :) .mine seemed fine on one reset and then in drive the left one only came on lol.

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Pro tip if you are by yourself. Just setup your phone to record and see if your lights are still on :) .mine seemed fine on one reset and then in drive the left one only came on lol.
do you off-hand know which firmware you were using when this happened?

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Make sure you're on the most current firmware, too. They just released another version recently and I haven't had the back up light issue since.
I'll have to check, it wasn't much more than a month ago that I updated the firmware on it right around the time I did the re-gear. Do you know the release date by any chance? (I will go look a little later when I have time, so my question is just pure laziness).

Sponsored

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Happened to me as well. Going to do a full reboot twice tomorrow and hopefully that fixes it.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I'll have to check, it wasn't much more than a month ago that I updated the firmware on it right around the time I did the re-gear. Do you know the release date by any chance? (I will go look a little later when I have time, so my question is just pure laziness).
FW 11.3.2, released 10/29.