Back up sensor replacement question

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’m know it’s been discussed on here, but I can’t find it. Long story short. I damaged my rear bumper a long time ago, but still haven’t replaced it. I have a replacement bumper, but I need to swap over my rear parking sensors. 2020 Overland and replacing with the same overland plastic bumper. Got a great deal from a forum member.

what part isn’t reusable to install my parking sensors on the new bumper?

The park distance bezels? The park assist brackets? Something else?

TIA, wasn’t sure where to post it and I did search!
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I’m know it’s been discussed on here, but I can’t find it. Long story short. I damaged my rear bumper a long time ago, but still haven’t replaced it. I have a replacement bumper, but I need to swap over my rear parking sensors. 2020 Overland and replacing with the same overland plastic bumper. Got a great deal from a forum member.

what part isn’t reusable to install my parking sensors on the new bumper?

The park distance bezels? The park assist brackets? Something else?

TIA, wasn’t sure where to post it and I did search!
Do you know what's included in your new bumper?

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Do you know what's included in your new bumper?
I have the bumper. It’s a take off from a member.

I remember someone saying that something attaching them wasn’t re-usable. I’d see when I tried. I want to have all the parts ready though. Someone was like glued on or something. I’m going by memory.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Mojave owner here, so take what I say with a grain of salt...

I recently replaced my factory plastic rear bumper with parking sensors with a steel rear bumper. When I took my plastic rear bumper apart, I was able to remove the parking sensors from the plastic brackets without having to remove anything from the bumper. My plastic bumper fascia had the sensor brackets adhered directly behind the sensor holes, so all I had to do was slide the sensors into place until they clicked, and that was it.

If you're putting sensors into a steel bumper, that's a slightly more complicated endeavor which DOES require two specific parts (bezel and bracket). But if your plastic bumper has brackets stuck on the back of the outermost piece of the bumper, you should be fine.

Feel free to shoot me a DM with pics of the bumper you have now, and I can take a closer look if you'd like.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Mojave owner here, so take what I say with a grain of salt...

I recently replaced my factory plastic rear bumper with parking sensors with a steel rear bumper. When I took my plastic rear bumper apart, I was able to remove the parking sensors from the plastic brackets without having to remove anything from the bumper. My plastic bumper fascia had the sensor brackets adhered directly behind the sensor holes, so all I had to do was slide the sensors into place until they clicked, and that was it.

If you're putting sensors into a steel bumper, that's a slightly more complicated endeavor which DOES require two specific parts (bezel and bracket). But if your plastic bumper has brackets stuck on the back of the outermost piece of the bumper, you should be fine.

Feel free to shoot me a DM with pics of the bumper you have now, and I can take a closer look if you'd like.
Thank you!
Sponsored