Backup Camera Stopped working

cwieland

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Today the backup camera stopped working. It goes to a black screen with an "x" in the upper left corner and says enlarge by it. No display all black and the x does nothing.

Any ideas? has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Today the backup camera stopped working. It goes to a black screen with an "x" in the upper left corner and says enlarge by it. No display all black and the x does nothing.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Deleted member 33157

Mine did the same thing 2 days ago... I restarted the truck and checked the software version it was up to date ...3 hours later it worked hmmmm.....

BlueTurfJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JT Overland 2020
Same. Iā€™ve experienced this twice. I just ignored it for the current ride and it fixed itself by the next time I needed to go somewhere.

kahuna357

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Subarua CrossTrek, 02TJ, 2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Mostly retired

Had this happen also. First time was about a week after I bought the Treep home, it started working the next day. This morning got in and it happened again.

@JeepCares

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine did the same thing 2 days ago... I restarted the truck and checked the software version it was up to date ...3 hours later it worked hmmmm.....
Same. Iā€™ve experienced this twice. I just ignored it for the current ride and it fixed itself by the next time I needed to go somewhere.
Had this happen also. First time was about a week after I bought the Treep home, it started working the next day. This morning got in and it happened again.

@JeepCares
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
My back-up camera stopped working on my way home today.
Dealership will look at it Monday morning. After the issues with the last Gladiator, I think they are treating me with kid gloves.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Not on my JT , but previous Ram had the issue, typically after it got wet. Removed cover on tailgate and dried it with compressed air and it would work for a while, but ultimately dealer replaced the camera. Related because I believe both JT and Ram used the same camera.

TomL23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Accountant
I'm experiencing similar problems. Anyone find a solution yet?

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I'm experiencing similar problems. Anyone find a solution yet?
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares

jonesjoshua33

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 80th anniversary
Occupation
Mechanic
I have the same issue on mine, (2021 80th anniversary) I've already went to the dealer twice. They have ordered a new camera for it.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I have the same issue on mine, (2021 80th anniversary) I've already went to the dealer twice. They have ordered a new camera for it.
Please let me know if your dealership is able to assist you. If not, I would be happy to get a case open for you!

Alison
Jeep Cares

gryffinn

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 WILLYS Gladiator (STING)
Occupation
Designer/Photographer
This just started today on mine. Black screen. Have had vehicle for a week. Not cool.

LancGladiatorGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Occupation
LEO
Had this happen tonight for the first time. Blue screen and skipping audio. Had something similar in my JL and it usually resolves itself, hoping for the same here.
Sponsored