Bad Tonneau Cover... JeepCares?

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
@JeepCares my dealer is claiming this is “normal”. What’s the point if it doesn’t keep water out of the bed. It leaks across the back of the bed near the cab. The seal seems faulty. Care to help?

I have a video as well but it’s too large to upload.

6D11E69E-C602-41D2-A016-C899132136B8.jpeg

DD4EB654-0D2C-4C4C-BA20-F9FBEA9EB74D.jpeg

CB190BF3-A671-4201-8294-05B2374A67A5.jpeg
Sponsored

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Had similar problems. Try resealing it with some camper shell tape. Napa, and Walmart tend to have it.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It's not normal. Sad your dealership won't step up and help you out. Is there another dealer you could try?

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Had similar problems. Try resealing it with some camper shell tape. Napa, and Walmart tend to have it.
Did you remove the cover or add the tape with the cover on? And did you do it to the inside or outside?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It's not normal. Sad your dealership won't step up and help you out. Is there another dealer you could try?
the dealer I purchased from is about an hour from me. So I tried the local dealer. They were zero help. Called my original dealer and sent a video. New cover ordered! Just have to make the drive out there....

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Did you remove the cover or add the tape with the cover on? And did you do it to the inside or outside?
mine only leaks near tailgate gap and because sides not being tight allowing it to flap on sides. Leak is minimal for me added camper shell tape near gaps in tail gate. For the OP I would check seal near the cab. If it can’t be adjusted up front add tape to gaps. Close the cover crawl in and se where the gap is, add camper shell tape there.

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
mine only leaks near tailgate gap and because sides not being tight allowing it to flap on sides. Leak is minimal for me added camper shell tape near gaps in tail gate. For the OP I would check seal near the cab. If it can’t be adjusted up front add tape to gaps. Close the cover crawl in and se where the gap is, add camper shell tape there.
before doing that in bolt the front near the cab. Check the seal how it lays, and for pinching, or it not laying properly. While it’s off apply a protective dressing to it like 303 protectant. The bolt back up paying attention to seal.

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
H
before doing that in bolt the front near the cab. Check the seal how it lays, and for pinching, or it not laying properly. While it’s off apply a protective dressing to it like 303 protectant. The bolt back up paying attention to seal.
had it off several times and checked the seal. Actually found out the seal is installed backwards which is probably the main issue. Also, the brackets may not be sitting correctly causing the seal to not sit tightly on the bed rail.

they ordered me a new one so I’ll make the trip. Hopefully its fixed with a new cover.
Sponsored