First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I just got my Baja design squadron r pro in amber today. Can I run both of them on either the factory aux switch 3 or 4?
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I just got my Baja design squadron r pro in amber today. Can I run both of them on either the factory aux switch 3 or 4?
Yes, if you want the background light you'll need to run it to a switched fuse, F52 is cigar lighter and what I used.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
The switch harness I got with the lights is only a 2 position switch, doesn’t say anything about a background light . Thanks for your reply.

Yes, if you want the background light you'll need to run it to a switched fuse, F52 is cigar lighter and what I used.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The switch harness I got with the lights is only a 2 position switch, doesn’t say anything about a background light . Thanks for your reply.
From the lights, how many wires are in the harness, 2 or 3?

The background lights don't work off the switch. You have to tap a switched fuse.
On my BD light bar there was a third wire for this. Not running to their switch.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
the wires coming out of the lights only have 2 a ground and a power. So does the harness that plugs into them

From the lights, how many wires are in the harness, 2 or 3?

The background lights don't work off the switch. You have to tap a switched fuse.
On my BD light bar there was a third wire for this. Not running to their switch.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
the wires coming out of the lights only have 2 a ground and a power. So does the harness that plugs into them
Okay, then that is one that is not back lit.

Sometimes their info is a little lacking on their site.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Ok thanks, so I can wire them together and just run the power wire to the aux #3 switch and ground to battery?

Okay, then that is one that is not back lit.

Sometimes their info is a little lacking on their site.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Thanks for the responses

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I have one more question. Just wandering ,can I hook the harness that has the relay and fuse straight to the #3 aux switch power wire under the hood and ground straight to battery. Or will using a relay and fuse through the factory aux switch wire mess up something? Thanks again

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
I got the Baja Squadron Pro with the Baja Harness that has a switch, relay and fuse.

On the harness, I cut off the positive ring terminal off and crimped that with Aux 1 (in my case).
The negative, I unbolted a nut next to the battery, passenger side that had two other factory Ground cables on there. I unbolted the nut and put the ground there.
Then I tidied the harness next to the battery.

That's all you gotta do. I left the Baja rocker switch in the On position.

Btw lights are the f-ing bomb. Baja rules

Sponsored

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Cool . So you to use the harness with relay and fuse , you have to leave the rocker switch with it and just leave it turned on and the aux switch will actually turn the lights on?
I got the Baja Squadron Pro with the Baja Harness that has a switch, relay and fuse.

On the harness, I cut off the positive ring terminal off and crimped that with Aux 1 (in my case).
The negative, I unbolted a nut next to the battery, passenger side that had two other factory Ground cables on there. I unbolted the nut and put the ground there.
Then I tidied the harness next to the battery.

That's all you gotta do. I left the Baja rocker switch in the On position.

Btw lights are the f-ing bomb. Baja rules

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Cool . So you to use the harness with relay and fuse , you have to leave the rocker switch with it and just leave it turned on and the aux switch will actually turn the lights on?
Yes I left the Baja Harness Rocker switch in the ON position and then I control the lights via AUX 1 in the cabin. AUX 1 button gives power to the Baja Harness via AUX 1 wire that I crimped to the Baja Harness Positive (Red) Cable.

Lights are absolutely killer and put OEM to shame. I went with the spots only. I don't get any glare on the hood as some others have said about hood mounted lights. They probably didn't have the Bajas

Jeep Gladiator Baja designs Squadron R Pro signal-2021-11-24-210124_0021

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Great looking ride. I have the rock guards ordered , they haven’t got here yet . The #1 and #2 are 40 amp and #3 and #4 are 15 amp . I was told that they are 6.5 each and I could use the 3 or 4 switch with 15 amp would be ok. I’d save my 1 and 2 for something that draws more amp. Does that sound ok .
Yes I left the Baja Harness Rocker switch in the ON position and then I control the lights via AUX 1 in the cabin. AUX 1 button gives power to the Baja Harness via AUX 1 wire that I crimped to the Baja Harness Positive (Red) Cable.

Lights are absolutely killer and put OEM to shame. I went with the spots only. I don't get any glare on the hood as some others have said about hood mounted lights. They probably didn't have the Bajas

Jeep Gladiator Baja designs Squadron R Pro signal-2021-11-24-210124_0021

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks, so I can wire them together and just run the power wire to the aux #3 switch and ground to battery?
You don't need to ground to the battery. Anywhere on the body or frame that isn't coated in paint will do. If there are any screws into the body nearby, put the ground under that screw with a ring terminal.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
You don’t need the relay or anything. Wire the ground to a grounding point and the power to whichever Aux you chose. Done.
Sponsored