Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Looking at ordering a Bak Revolver for my JTR. I saw the X4s is out now, but from what I can see its mostly just that they blacked out the mounting hardware and underside of the tonneau. Anyone have any experience with either? I can save about $100 by getting the X4, and the X4s is 4-6 weeks lead time. The price difference isn't really a deciding factor, so should I put an order in and wait the 6 weeks for the s? Thanks
Sponsored

Dadiator

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 6-Speed
Looking at ordering a Bak Revolver for my JTR. I saw the X4s is out now, but from what I can see its mostly just that they blacked out the mounting hardware and underside of the tonneau. Anyone have any experience with either? I can save about $100 by getting the X4, and the X4s is 4-6 weeks lead time. The price difference isn't really a deciding factor, so should I put an order in and wait the 6 weeks for the s? Thanks
Just a heads up, I ordered an X4s direct from Bak over the weekend. I opened a chat and asked if there was a Jeep forum discount and they were able to knock off $249.48 which was a nice surprise. Estimated delivery May 17th-20th.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I bought the x4s after being impressed with my buddy's x4. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the blacked out aluminum parts, but there could be other changes I'm unaware of.

OP
OP
Axeman

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Just a heads up, I ordered an X4s direct from Bak over the weekend. I opened a chat and asked if there was a Jeep forum discount and they were able to knock off $249.48 which was a nice surprise. Estimated delivery May 17th-20th.
I just called and he said they don't offer discounts. He said to try the Bakflip website. Is that what you used?

Sponsored

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
The X4s also has molded plastic end pieces at the tailgate end to help protect the side rubber from peeling up & I think the front rain deflector at the cab end is on the X4s only. B

Before installing the rails run the bolts through the tail gate end of the truck bed to clear out the paint and with the money you saved maybe buy something like this if you don't have one already, you will thank me later!!!

Wera bit ratchet

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
^^Good to know.

Yes, used the Chat function on the Bakflip website.
Man, I wish I'd known that! Water under the bridge now, and it's a great cover so no regrets -I'm just a sucker for a discount.

jglad21

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Texas Trail Nacho Gladiator
Occupation
retired
arrrgh! today, BAKflip chat rep said could offer no lower than $970+tax, but would ship today if order before 2:30 pm ET.

UPDATE: BAKflip (RealTruck is name on order) phone rep said would check, emailed someone about JGForum discounts,, then said best they could do would be 15%, so down to $917 plus sales tax, 5 in stock so might ship today for delivery next week....so we will see. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bandulu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Polar, 2020 JT Rubicon
Tried this just now on the backflip website and chatted with ‘John G’. The best deal they could cut me was only 10%, not the 25% you two were able to get. Referenced the forum in the conversation...

OP
OP
Axeman

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Tried this just now on the backflip website and chatted with ‘John G’. The best deal they could cut me was only 10%, not the 25% you two were able to get. Referenced the forum in the conversation...
I had actually called them to get it, I told him about this forum and the deal another member got and they matched it. I don't know about the shipping right out thing, they told me 3-4 weeks as they being being produced

Bandulu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Polar, 2020 JT Rubicon
I had actually called them to get it, I told him about this forum and the deal another member got and they matched it. I don't know about the shipping right out thing, they told me 3-4 weeks as they being being produced
Ok, just called them. Was able to get down to $911, a 15% discount. I went with that. Should be here next week?

Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
Axeman

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Ok, just called them. Was able to get down to $911, a 15% discount. I went with that. Should be here next week?

Thanks for the advice.
Still a great deal! I still don't know how they are quoting you a week out for shipping though. Did you get a confirmation email with a shipping update? When mine came it said estimated May 17-28. They are backordered on every vendor site because their production hasn't been able to keep up with demand.

jglad21

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Texas Trail Nacho Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Still a great deal! I still don't know how they are quoting you a week out for shipping though. Did you get a confirmation email with a shipping update? When mine came it said estimated May 17-28. They are backordered on every vendor site because their production hasn't been able to keep up with demand.
Ordered near lunch CT, was picked up at RealTruck MO by FedEx at 2pm ET, delivery Sunday by end of day. wow.
Sponsored