Bakflip customer service

Chadh1972

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL sport, 18 Tundra, 17 tacoma, 17 Mercedes GLC
Has anyone had a good customer service experience with Bakflip.
On June 21st I ordered a Bakflip Revolver directly from Bakflip, thinking I would get it for a trip at the end of July. I got an email that they got my order and it was crickets after that.
After about 1.5 weeks tried to call and couldn’t get through, so I went online and chatted. The rep said it takes one to two weeks to be shipped. So then on the 4th, I emailed them, heard nothing. On the 10th tried to call and it was over an hour hold time. So I got online and chatted again. This time is was told it was 10-14 business days to ship out and it should be going out that day or Monday the 13th. It’s Monday and no email saying it shipped.

Never had one of their products and was wondering if it is worth all this or should I cancel my order.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Has anyone had a good customer service experience with Bakflip.
On June 21st I ordered a Bakflip Revolver directly from Bakflip, thinking I would get it for a trip at the end of July. I got an email that they got my order and it was crickets after that.
After about 1.5 weeks tried to call and couldn’t get through, so I went online and chatted. The rep said it takes one to two weeks to be shipped. So then on the 4th, I emailed them, heard nothing. On the 10th tried to call and it was over an hour hold time. So I got online and chatted again. This time is was told it was 10-14 business days to ship out and it should be going out that day or Monday the 13th. It’s Monday and no email saying it shipped.

Never had one of their products and was wondering if it is worth all this or should I cancel my order.

Any thoughts?
Did you order from Bakflip.com or Bakindustries.com? The former is a reseller (I had a horrible experience just trying to get information from them.) The latter is the manufacturer.

OP
OP

Chadh1972

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order from Bakflip.com or Bakindustries.com? The former is a reseller (I had a horrible experience just trying to get information from them.) The latter is the manufacturer.
I ordered from Bakflip.com. On 7/17 I finally got an email saying they shipped it. It got here on 7/24. I do have to say as frustrating as the order process was this cover is amazing and I’m glad I didn’t cancel my order. So much better than a trifold.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I ordered from Bakflip.com. On 7/17 I finally got an email saying they shipped it. It got here on 7/24. I do have to say as frustrating as the order process was this cover is amazing and I’m glad I didn’t cancel my order. So much better than a trifold.
I really like the X4, as well. Back when I was installing a Bak folding cover on my Ram I contacted Bakflip.com assuming they were the manufacturer. First thing they asked was if I had purchased the cover from them. Since I hadn't they wouldn't even answer a simple question I had about the installation. I was flabbergasted and it took a few choice words from me before they devulged they weren't associated with Bak Industries other than being just another reseller.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I talked to them as well as local resellers here in Houston and from what I gathered a lot of stuff is seriously delayed. My MX4 came in on Friday after 18 days from when I ordered it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chadh1972

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to them as well as local resellers here in Houston and from what I gathered a lot of stuff is seriously delayed. My MX4 came in on Friday after 18 days from when I ordered it.
They told me mine was being made. It would be nice if they gave a timeline of when you will get your stuff.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
They told me mine was being made. It would be nice if they gave a timeline of when you will get your stuff.
Originally they told me it would be about 14-21 days so its arrival is kind of right in the middle of that timeline
Sponsored