Sponsored

BAKflip G2 tonneau cover work with trail rails??

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Shot in the dark....

Is anyone running this tonneau cover WITH THE FACTORY TRAIL RAILS? I'm trying to find out if it will mount with the factory trail rails (aka; cargo management system)..?

TIA...
Sponsored

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
This doesn’t exactly answer your question, but I have the MX4 with the Mooar factory rails and it mounts without issue. I did a quick search on the differences of between the G2 and MX4, but didn’t see much except the MX4 might be sturdier. I had the MX4 on my Tundra and loved it which is why I bought it for my Glad. If you would like pics, let me know.

OP
OP
prewdog4

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Well, it's been a mess of an ordeal because I ordered the MX4, but UPS freaking lost it. And we need it before going to Utah, so I don't have time to get another MX4, but I could get the G2. I agree with you, I would think they would mount similarly. I'm going to call BAK tomorrow and ask them directly.

Thanks for your help!

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Wow, I’m sorry to hear that. That’s the kind of luck I have. After taking a closer look, I’m 99% sure it will install with the rails. Everything looks the same. It looks like the only differences are the amount of distributed weight it can handle and gloss vs matte finish. You don’t use the clamps that it shows in the install video. You have to trim the plastic bed rail covers to access two screws on each side. It’s super easy, but screwing it in was a PITA. Also, I had to buy better weather stripping at Home Depot to help with leaking water. I didn’t have this issue with my Tundra. Good luck.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
prewdog4

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Awesome! Thanks buddy...

Rick Sanchez

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Living the dream
Shot in the dark....

Is anyone running this tonneau cover WITH THE FACTORY TRAIL RAILS? I'm trying to find out if it will mount with the factory trail rails (aka; cargo management system)..?

TIA...
Curious to see how this turned out as I am in the same boat with the Bakflip and want to add the mopar trail rails...
Sponsored